Good and Bad

STOC #
Just got home after filling up the gas. Open the garage door, and push St13 from left side like I do sometimes instead of driving in. I slip just a little and bike starts falling on me. No worries side stand is down. Gets too far over before I realize somehow it isn't down. Slowly pins me with something crushing my boot and putting my right leg at a bad angle. I get to pull right boot loose but gouged a bit and may need new ones. Gas is leaking out overflow and no neighbors around to help. So that's the bad. The good is for the first time I picked this bike up by myself. Little scratches on mcl blades. Now have ice pack on leg muscle. I hope it is back to normal before we head out west next week but for right now I can barely walk.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
Bummer dude! Never been trapped under mine, but "STella" has done a few tip-overs in garages and parking lots. Hope you heal-up quickly!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Bike
1991 ST1100
Just got home after filling up the gas. Open the garage door, and push St13 from left side like I do sometimes instead of driving in. I slip just a little and bike starts falling on me. No worries side stand is down. Gets too far over before I realize somehow it isn’t down. Slowly pins me with something crushing my boot and putting my right leg at a bad angle. I get to pull right boot loose but gouged a bit and may need new ones. Gas is leaking out overflow and no neighbors around to help. So that’s the bad. The good is for the first time I picked this bike up by myself. Little scratches on mcl blades. Now have ice pack on leg muscle. I hope it is back to normal before we head out west next week but for right now I can barely walk.
Sucks. But if that's your worst tip-over, I say you're doing fine. Try not to do it again (obviously).

My worst tip-over was with a Yamaha V-Star 1300 I had. Pulled into the driveway. My wife had left a black garbage back full of grass clippings on the driveway. Black driveway, black bag, after dark. I didn't see it. Front wheel hit the bag, stopped, and slid sideways bike falling over to the left. Got mostly clear except for left foot pinned under the crash-bar. I know lotsa guys say "no steel-toe boots on bike" but on that day they were the difference between my left foot being crushed and surviving unharmed.

In true first-world-problem mode, I pulled out my cellphone and called inside for someone to come help. My position was such I couldn't get out from under the bike. That was probably the scariest part - realizing I was pretty much helpless on my own.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
:22yikes: Dang the hurts just thinking about it...and I'm not even going to say, "sorry you couldn't keep it up!"...Well, I guess I just said it!

Hope you heal soon, like before your trip! :hurt1:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Throwing yourself under your ST to break its fall is self-sacrifice of the near highest order and deserves an award.

I:salute1: you!

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Worked delivering furniture during jr high. The owner reminded us every delivery...'If you drop something, fall under it!!'. A lesson I still use when moving expensive machinery around in the garage.

Top Bottom