GoPro suction cup mount

MileHigh

Juvenile delinquent
Bike
2006 ST
STOC #
So, picked up a GoPro and got the suction cup mount.

Was thinking of sticking it on the front cowl or side fairing.

Where do you all place yours? Yes, I am going to use a tether even though it is supposed to be good for 150 mph.

Wondered about the top box looking over my shoulder too.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I put my Drift Ghost HD center-top of fairing above gages, behind windscreen. My suctin cup mount isn't concincing enuf to me to even attempt on side of fairing.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I mount mine with a Ram mount on the front brake master cylinder and shoot video through the windscreen. In that position, it will also catch the speedo and tach.

I tried the suction cup on side fairing, and it worked great, but was hard to adjust.

John

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I found the suction cup mounts create too much vibration. I mainly use a helmet mount.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I stuck mine just under the ST1300 on the fairing. Rode out to Utah and back and it never moved. A little moisture on the cup before install helps.

I also used a tether to the side vent.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
I have use my suction mount on the side under the st1300 decal, on the nose just above the headlight and under the tail section facing out the back. Always use a tether!!!!

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Haha... nice vid.
I used a friends GoPro on a trip to Deal Gap area, put the mount on the top of my left mirror, the videos turned out great. the only issue I have with it was I came home with 48 GIG of videos that I coudn't compress to get a DVD made to give to the other guy on the trip.

OP
OP
MileHigh

MileHigh

Juvenile delinquent
Bike
2006 ST
STOC #
Well, update. . . . .

I used the suction cup mount on the windshield. No problems staying attached even at 103 MPH. Yes, I used a lanyard.

Problem is, the picture is tooooo shaky. Even at normal highway speeds (50-75MPH) Think its the windscreen shaking. Won't use the wind screen again.

Have to try helmet mount next time.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Give the fairing in the point just above the headlights a try. I have run mine there and no shaking up to 65 or so.

Well, update. . . . .

I used the suction cup mount on the windshield. No problems staying attached even at 103 MPH. Yes, I used a lanyard.

Problem is, the picture is tooooo shaky. Even at normal highway speeds (50-75MPH) Think its the windscreen shaking. Won't use the wind screen again.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I rode 400 miles with mine on the front cowl. As long as it's very clean I trust it. I also bought the clamp to mount to the rear crash bars.

DAS

STOC #
Well, update. . . . .

At WeSToc I noticed you mounting this. Was hoping you would post a video of one of your rides. Too bad they were too shaky.

Top Bottom