Got Lucky and Bike is OK !!

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
Darren,

Sorry to hear about the tib/fib.
Congratulations on keeping the bones aligned, though.
My wife broke HER tib/fib, and surgery ensued, along with infection and scarring. You get to avoid all that!

Steve:04biker:

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
That bites! I hope you heal well and on schedule. You have rides to make.
I'm just glad you didn't traumatize that stupid kid more by dieing on him. I hope he learned his lesson.

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Does not matter in Kansas. Kansas is a no fault state so that means everyones insurance pays for only them no matter who was at fault.
So no one gets personaly held responsible ?? What part of that makes sense ?? Do the Doctor's out there have the same lack of responsibility ?? I hope he can sue himself for damages and lost wages .
That just stinks all the way around , heal quick .

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Ouch..hurts just thinking about it! Bummer for sure but it sounds like you'll recovery, let's hope completely!

OP
OP
TinyL

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
Thanks for all the best wishes!!! Trying to keep my sense of humor about all my mishaps...At least I made it out of 2011 without totaling a bike :D

Sorry to hear of your 'lucky' day. Had me chucklin' in a few spots tho - sorry.

Hope you heal quickly and without the ability to predict the weather with that leg. What a story!
I hope it won't be a weather predictor...I already have a couple of those...

Heal fast and try to do what the doctors say, lortab 7.5 will get you hooked fast so take it with a shot of Lord so the booze will take the edge off.
PS.. You should call that kid up and have him come over to do chores for ya. Better than a Wife
I called the kid and he came over with his parents and they offered to pay my deductible on the insurance. Don't have very big deductibles so they will get off pretty light. Used a weeks vacation so I'm not out any pay. Kid apologized and seemed pretty sincere about it, I did also for the language...but man I was HOT! I guess he was still in tears when he got home so his parents found out what happened...

and its true in Kansas if he did not make contact everybody takes care of their own medical insurance. I called the police and the most they could have done IF they had personally witnessed it would to be a ticket for the stop sign and Texting.

But look...I'm testing out a new version of a poor man's CanAm Spyder...well it has two wheels in front at least :D

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
The whole idea behind a thread like this is to garner sympathy and pass along experience to others. The picture puts the kibosh to the sympathy part of the equation. You have a new, cool scooter, a Keurig machine and a crockpot full of clam chowder? Post a few pictures of bodacious babes signing your cast and it goes from sympathy to jealousy. :rofl1:

ps What's the cable on the ST (Scooter for Tiny) for? Parking brake? GE, we bring good things to life!

OP
OP
TinyL

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
A trip to Hooters is definitely in my future. Will bring along a few markers and a camera:D Hotwings and Hot woman are never a bad thing...unless you have a wife! See no wife is not always a bad thing...Would like to meet the right one sooner rather than later though.

Have 2 fridges, crockpot, rice cooker, Keurig, microwave, hot plate, toaster oven, kicker iPod boom box, xm radio, all within 10 feet of my desk...work is hell.:D

The scooter has two brakes, they lock out as well so I don't do anymore damage before this cast is gone.

okmurdog

Will Ride for Pie
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
Holy Cripe Daren!

Glad you're on the recovery path. Take it easy and don't push yourself too hard while recovering...there are many future RTEs for you to participate!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Smallville

Scott
Bike
2022 KLR 650 Adv
STOC #
So no one gets personaly held responsible ?? What part of that makes sense ?? Do the Doctor's out there have the same lack of responsibility ?? I hope he can sue himself for damages and lost wages .
That just stinks all the way around , heal quick .
On a accident report there is still someone listed at fault. IIRC the at fault drivers policy will pay for damages to the vehicle/property but not medical to the other driver. Your insurance pays for medical and lossed wages.
Several States are this way.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
What no scars or aftermarket parts? Come on Tiny. I thought I taught you better than that! :D
I never get that lucky.
I'm glad to see that it wasn't worse. I was off work 7 months when I had a tibial plateau fracture. 4 months on cructhes. The pain was unbearable! Loratb was like a baby asprin.I had the grab a pillow stuff! :rx1: :sick1:
Take care of yourself. And safe that vacation time so we can take a ride together soon.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
It looks like you may have a little trouble riding to the Roy's BBQ RTE in March. (Maybe we can send those two guys who arrived in a Cadillac down to Ark City to pick you up.)

Glad the damage wasn't worse.

OP
OP
TinyL

TinyL

Wingin It
Bike
2010 Wing
STOC #
What no scars or aftermarket parts? Come on Tiny. I thought I taught you better than that! :D
I never get that lucky.
I'm glad to see that it wasn't worse. I was off work 7 months when I had a tibial plateau fracture. 4 months on cructhes. The pain was unbearable! Loratb was like a baby asprin.I had the grab a pillow stuff! :rx1: :sick1:
Take care of yourself. And safe that vacation time so we can take a ride together soon.
Already have 12 pins between the 2 legss from old injurys. Don't need any more!

It looks like you may have a little trouble riding to the Roy's BBQ RTE in March. (Maybe we can send those two guys who arrived in a Cadillac down to Ark City to pick you up.)

Glad the damage wasn't worse.
I was relieved the damage was lined up...had multiple fractures surgically repaired before and takes way longer to heal. I will be driving the car for sure...or at least if the keep with the 14 weeks in cast prediction.

Top Bottom