Got my 1st tip-over out of the way!!!!!

Bike
2005 ST 1300
One month and 1,000 miles almost to the mile! Moving really slow up a slight upgrade, right hand turn (I hate right handers and I don't know why I attempted it), I lose my speed as my full tank of gas says "What do you think you're doing?" Before I can react, I'm at a standstill and everything is moving to the right!!!! I hold on to her all the way down thinking "I can hold you baby"! Well, guess what? You can't hold her, LOL!! I guess I exited on my right foot? and turned back to look and I'm expecting a ton of DAMAGE!! She's just lying there asking, "Now what are you going to do for your next trick at 7 am in the middle of nowhere?" Whilst the adrenalin is still sort of flowing, I reach down and try to grab the right front bar and the right hand grab. Pull up and she's like "Are you kidding me? I weigh 700 pounds and you think I'm just gonna stand up?, I can lay here all day but what are you gonna do?" Then I allowed myself to panic just a little, LOL. Gas was dripping from the bottom. CRAP! Then I remember how you're supposed to pick a bike up!!! Even girls can do it! So I think to put the side stand down which is sticking up into the dawn morning sky! and squat down backwards and grab the right bar and right hand grab and grunt a good bit, squat a little further and PULL!! Up she comes!! Now I'm on the wrong side of her!! Slowly ease her up and over to the stand!!! THEN I realize I'm directly below the gate that comes down when a train comes thru!! which is about every 6-12 minutes. So I mount her and coast about 2 feet downhill and then get off and take a few pics. Wish I would have taken a pic of her lying there laughing at me!! I can't believe the only scratch was on the tip-over plastic which had a couple before mine!! I love this bike!!! Proceed on my way a little jittery the rest of the morning. I showed her who was the boss, yeah right! 25 minutes later I shot this video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6beTR5DqmA

Attachments

Bike
'89 Transalp
STOC #
I think I saw my house in the video!!!! Seriously, good thing you got it done before it gets too windy... My first drop, also on the right side, was followed by the wind blowing it back over as I went to get my helmet and gloves!

I'm wondering if ya' were in 2nd gear? That's how mine happened... thought I was in 1st, goin' really slow making a right hand turn in gravel. Works much better in 1st!:run1:

OP
OP
moses195
Bike
2005 ST 1300
I think I saw my house in the video!!!! Seriously, good thing you got it done before it gets too windy... My first drop, also on the right side, was followed by the wind blowing it back over as I went to get my helmet and gloves!

I'm wondering if ya' were in 2nd gear? That's how mine happened... thought I was in 1st, goin' really slow making a right hand turn in gravel. Works much better in 1st!:run1:
Dam*! yours sounds way worse than mine. Nope, was in 1st not really paying attention I guess. Paid A LOT OF ATTENTION the rest of the day.

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
I know laughing is bad karma, but I chuckled at your write up :p:

BTW, your missing something on your windscreen (64151-MCS-G00)

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Congrats! hehehe May it be your last.

Avtrician

Nobody there to see it, then it never happened.

Too late but now youve told on yourself:D:D

Bike
ST 1300
Came real close today to losing it. Quck left slow turn off a main road into a church parking lot. Didn't see the small pothole on the driveway lip and went through it. As I was already leaning over from the turn, as I came out of the pothole my left foot caught the lip of the pothole and got pulled back into the rear peg. The rear peg folded up and then my foor hit the rear tipover bar. Nothing of consequence. I went back over to the scene and examined it real close as a learning experience. The bike started to go but I caught it before it tipped.

This is another reason why I only wear steel tipped boots.

Top Bottom