Got the first one out of the way today...

Pulled into work, side bags packed nice and full of coffee supplies. A little more weight on the right side than normal, may or may not have mattered. I made a hard full left turn, then a hard right turn to line the bike up so I could back it into "my spot." The hard right turn wasn't completley done and over it goes. I let it down as easy as I could and hopped over. Bent down, back to the bike and popped it back up. Never thought about pulling out the side stand, I just wanted it back up topside up. Now it is upright and my back is to it. I had to make the fast 180 turn and not drop it again. Only damage was my pride. Minor scuffs, which could have already been there. I have had the bike about a month now and it already had 37K on it. I figured if and when I dropped it, it would be backing up. Lots of grit on the cement to slip on. Lesson learned, when and if I drop it again, side stand out before hand.

Chance

Taming the dragon!
Bike
'07 ST1300
You're doing it right! ;) Congrats on getting that out of the way! Sounds like the perfect amount of embarrassment & chagrin, coupled with a bit of idiocracy and pride! It's *exactly* the way we 'experienced' owners do it!

Welcome to the club, and thanks for your honesty..<it makes us all feel better!>!:)

Ride safe.

Me

OP
OP
After noticing the Tip Overs counter I wass wondering how does that happen. Now I know. It just does. Thanks for the support.

BleST

Bill S T
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I just got mine over a month ago too with 31,000 miles. It didn't have a mark on her and I wanted to keep it that way, BUT I was on my own driveway and parked in the wrong spot fully loaded. I have a steep driveway which doesn't help, but once they get over a certain point, they are hard to stop. I took my ST a thousand miles on Saturday and had a close call on the 8th gas stop. Somehow I pulled her back up tho! I yelled at the same time I almost went over, and that seemed to help :p:

Top Bottom