GPS mount...new to me...

My bar risers have the ram ball mount there to and I usually mount my phone there, not sure why cause I can't answer it anyway, but it does have a mare visible clock then the one on the ST dash. I use the RBS1 from http://www.sporttouringgear.com/ for my GPS mount. For me, it puts it up on the dash and closer to my eye sight level and less time for my eyes away from the road.

Attachments

• 0613121919.jpg
    0613121919.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 94
http://www.MCL OUT OF BUSINESS - DO NOT ORDER/index...k8uilo9p8i32r4

I have this mount, and like it alot. BUT after awhile it became impossible to tighten it enough to keep it from jiggling. Maybe it needs longer bolts than stoc??

=STeve

Last edited:
I've been using one of these for about 6 years now, works great.

wjbertrand
do you have the one with or without the powerlet adapter? reason I ask is I just recieved the MCL mount, (the one that simply replaces the plastic cover, no bar risers) it has both the RAM ball and the powerlet adapter. what i am looking for is to see if anyone has a photo-installation guide. i have the instructions, they pretty much make sense, but i would really like to see pictures of how you and or anybody else ran the power cord from the bar to the battery.

additionally, if anyone has suggestions on an inline fuse setup, please feel free to share or direct me to a useful link. tia

sd

wjbertrand
do you have the one with or without the powerlet adapter? reason I ask is I just recieved the MCL mount, (the one that simply replaces the plastic cover, no bar risers) it has both the RAM ball and the powerlet adapter. what i am looking for is to see if anyone has a photo-installation guide. i have the instructions, they pretty much make sense, but i would really like to see pictures of how you and or anybody else ran the power cord from the bar to the battery.

additionally, if anyone has suggestions on an inline fuse setup, please feel free to share or direct me to a useful link. tia

sd

Scooterdoc,
Okay, I've been doing some instruction making. I'm including some PDF files of what I've done and some installation instructions, too. Just in case you find them useful.

Hopefully these help.

Attachments

• PWRLET INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS_2.pdf
    684.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Steering Stem outlet wiring_3.pdf
    219.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Motorcycle Larrys Powerlet and RAM ball mount instructions.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 33
Scooterdoc,
Okay, I've been doing some instruction making. I'm including some PDF files of what I've done and some installation instructions, too. Just in case you find them useful.

Hopefully these help.

Soontobeone
Thank you Very much. All i got was a small 1/2 piece of paper with mine. this is really helpful. appreciate you taking the time and helping me out. i may do a photo how to on installation and post it for future members. hope you dont mind me including some of your info.

Scooterdoc,

Hopefully these help.

Soontobeone
Thank you Very much. All i got was a small 1/2 piece of paper with mine. this is really helpful. appreciate you taking the time and helping me out. i may do a photo how to on installation and post it for future members. hope you dont mind me including some of your info.:yr1:

oontobeone
Thank you Very much. All i got was a small 1/2 piece of paper with mine. this is really helpful. appreciate you taking the time and helping me out. i may do a photo how to on installation and post it for future members. hope you dont mind me including some of your info.:yr1:
:slv13:

The drawings are from the Service Manual. The photos and instructions are mine, except where there is an external link. You may use what you need to.

wjbertrand
do you have the one with or without the powerlet adapter? reason I ask is I just received the MCL mount, (the one that simply replaces the plastic cover, no bar risers) it has both the RAM ball and the powerlet adapter. what i am looking for is to see if anyone has a photo-installation guide. i have the instructions, they pretty much make sense, but i would really like to see pictures of how you and or anybody else ran the power cord from the bar to the battery.

additionally, if anyone has suggestions on an in-line fuse setup, please feel free to share or direct me to a useful link. tia

sd

My MCL center mount is the one without the powerlet plug, just the ram ball mount. I used the hard wire power cable that came with the zumo and routed it under the tank, along the left side between the air cleaner housing and the frame. I took the power lead off of the ACC fuse under the left side cover and then grounded the other lead to the frame. Nothing fancy and I like powering the GPS with switched power as I've been known to leave it on accidentally before - killing the bike's and the GPS's batteries!

Back
Top Bottom