GPS power Chinavasion

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I didn't know about this option. A couple questions - does it come with maps for North America? Where do you get the map updates from? Does it mount on a RAM ball? Thanks in advance.
Robbie - You can replace the 'ball' that comes with it with a ram ball as the bolt pattern is the same (I've got the Ram part number somewhere).
The ones I purchased on eBay came with the North American maps (2018 version I think).
You have to purchase the map updates when you feel the need and I have the email for that.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I just did an antiglare mod. I've done the plastic folder thng, it works OK but I sometimes get glare spilling in. So today I sewed this up. ;)

Attachments

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Neat product - You ought to offer them for sell!
There is a company that does it in your neck of the woods. Glarestopper.com. They want $18 for one.... it took me a couple of hours to make. ;). Jeff F told me he has one and it was a little disappointing... though theirs is 3/4 around while mine is like a vet collar as opined by Obo above. ;)

Reactions: Obo

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I just did an antiglare mod. I've done the plastic folder thng, it works OK but I sometimes get glare spilling in. So today I sewed this up. ;)
Can you get your hand in there to use it while riding?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
There is a company that does it in your neck of the woods. Glarestopper.com. They want $18 for one.... it took me a couple of hours to make. ;). Jeff F told me he has one and it was a little disappointing... though theirs is 3/4 around while mine is like a vet collar as opined by Obo above. ;)
I tried a Glarestopper originally and they were about worthless so I send it back.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Great , thanks , I'll be making my own now , ( and maybe someday I'll be riding again , after a vaccination ! )
I made mine out of a gortex type material. The trick to making it stable is sewing in piping to the front and rear of the cover. I found ready made stuff encased in vinyl at the fabric shop. If I have time today I will make the pattern

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
I made mine out of a gortex type material. The trick to making it stable is sewing in piping to the front and rear of the cover. I found ready made stuff encased in vinyl at the fabric shop. If I have time today I will make the pattern
I made my pattern tonight for it . One question though , Is it enough room inside to do the touch controls ?

Top Bottom