GTL demo ride

lddave

been there
STOC #
Stopped by my local local multi brand dealer today for a inspection sticker on the KTM. Service manager asked me if I wanted to demo the K1600 GTL they had while I was waiting .
He pointed out a few things on it and off I went with the instructions to not be gone too long.
I road it about 20 miles on the interstate and 15 miles two lane roads.
On the interstate it was smooth with good wind protection .On the two lane it handled great held its line and did not become unsettled when changing lines once in the corner.
It has plenty of motor and the drive by wire throttle is not jerky but smooth acceleration . At slow speeds in the parking lot it was well balanced .
Only downside I experienced was slight heat on my left foot but it was in the low 90's here.
Looks like BMW has a winner here, now what can I sell off so I can get one ?
--

Bike
None For Now
STOC #
I wish you people would just STOP posting these reports. I would have ordered one of these 6 months ago when I first started reading about them except for two things. I can't afford one, and I don't have the money to buy one.

I promised my wife that the ST would be my last bike for a LONG time and these constant reminders of what a great machine it really is aren't helping me keep that promise. LOL!! :rofl1:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
... and you just bought that C14... LOL!!! We need to get together and figure out what lines to feed the wives for the new rides :)

OP
OP
lddave

lddave

been there
STOC #
I have a pretty understanding wife but if I brought one of these home I would be in deep trouble . On second thought I do have some tequila and mix left over from last notsocheapstock . Maybe a few margaritas would help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
If I didn't just show up with a new bike, she wouldn't know what to do... although, she was the one that pointed me towards the C14. ;)

Top Bottom