GW switch -or- Police switch for Rostra install

Lost Dutchman

Joe M.
STOC #
I've got the bike tore down in the garage and am going to install the Rostra cruise control.

I have a few questions about the switching.

1) Is the ST1300 police switch smaller than the Gold Wing switch?
2) Is there a wiring diagram for the police switch?
3) If I go my own route and wire with my own switches (one -SPST, one SPDT momentary) does anyone have a wire diagram?

Thanks for the help.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bike
ST
STOC #
Earlier GW switch pods are smaller than the later ones. I believe this is a '95 1500 pod that I bought off of ebay for $25. It is not as big around as the left hand ST pod and about 3/4" longer than the ST right hand pod.
This is the pod as installed. I ground off part of the end of the pod to fit around the brake lever clamp reducing the effective length by about 1/2".
Note: I also had to remove a small brass rod from the ON/OFF switch to make it a momentary on switch. Be careful when disassembling this switch to note where the parts are that can fall free when you take it apart. I don't have an OFF because I use it all the time - I never turn off my car's cruise either.

Attachments

OP
OP
Lost Dutchman

Lost Dutchman

Joe M.
STOC #
Ok, I still need a little help understanding the relay set up for the police switch.

cruise schematic final.jpg

Reg, if you see this, or anyone, really, who can help. Please tell me which pin numbers are which for the relays.
I think:think1:

NC = 87
NO = 87a
C = 30
+ve = 85
-ve = 86

I probably have something backwards somewhere :D. I have not installed anything yet so no smoking wires!! Or toasted components. I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

Thanks in advance for the help :bow1::bow1:

Hound

Cave Canem
Bike
2004 ST1300PA
STOC #
Joe, that's correct. My fault for "stylising" the relays when I artworked the diagrams for Reg.

Top Bottom