Handlebar end weights - Do you need them on a ST1100? (other than cosmetics)

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
Bought a new handlebar - and so the problems start ! It's a fat bar type aluminium bar. It feels just right for me with the Rox 3" risers , driving on the center stand in the garage.
I don't think the end Inserts/weights will fit in the new alu bar, because of the thicker side walls, so I have not removed them. Do I need them ? I have never felt any vibrations on the ST's bars, but there might be a reason for that ! Other problems- the throttle tube is too tight , but some sanding should fix that

72858608958__40F43FE9-EA04-485E-AD49-27B049D168F0.jpg

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
If you decide to remove the weights from the stock bars, read this thread first. Probably break a part or two and replacements are not available (in US).

OP
OP
JJames

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
If you decide to remove the weights from the stock bars, read this thread first. Probably break a part or two and replacements are not available (in US).
Yea, thats why l've left them in there for now - and I am not sure they will fit in the new bar anyway. That said, I think I know how to get them out with out breaking anything (the you tube videos I've watched ,do not do it the right way) - and it's nice to have a retreat plan in case of other problems or I don't like the new bars .... . This brings me back to my question - should I be looking for weights for the new bars ? This type of insert, doesn't seem to be an aftermarket item every dealer has. Guess the best way is just go ahead ,and see if I can live with it.

OP
OP
JJames

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
Is there anyone has who has a ST11 weight insert out and can measure the OD -outer diameter - for me ?

Top Bottom