Handlebar end weights - Do you need them on a ST1100? (other than cosmetics)

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
Bought a new handlebar - and so the problems start ! It's a fat bar type aluminium bar. It feels just right for me with the Rox 3" risers , driving on the center stand in the garage.
I don't think the end Inserts/weights will fit in the new alu bar, because of the thicker side walls, so I have not removed them. Do I need them ? I have never felt any vibrations on the ST's bars, but there might be a reason for that ! Other problems- the throttle tube is too tight , but some sanding should fix that

72858608958__40F43FE9-EA04-485E-AD49-27B049D168F0.jpg

If you decide to remove the weights from the stock bars, read this thread first. Probably break a part or two and replacements are not available (in US).

If you decide to remove the weights from the stock bars, read this thread first. Probably break a part or two and replacements are not available (in US).
Yea, thats why l've left them in there for now - and I am not sure they will fit in the new bar anyway. That said, I think I know how to get them out with out breaking anything (the you tube videos I've watched ,do not do it the right way) - and it's nice to have a retreat plan in case of other problems or I don't like the new bars .... . This brings me back to my question - should I be looking for weights for the new bars ? This type of insert, doesn't seem to be an aftermarket item every dealer has. Guess the best way is just go ahead ,and see if I can live with it.

Is there anyone has who has a ST11 weight insert out and can measure the OD -outer diameter - for me ?

Back
Top Bottom