Happy Wet Saturday the Ninth of March

Bike
2003 ST1300
Good Morning Caffinators!
Yeah, it's raining - NC caught @Nashcat 's TN weather and we're gonna be wet.
Oh well, coffee's on. A Pot o' Hot that hits the spot. Suitable for ANY Occasion.
Grab a mug and let's get to tellin' stories.

Any cinnamon rolls left?
I didn't think so.

If this keeps up Mr. Tractor's bucket won't get attention today.
I like to use the plasma outside, and I've got terrible pins to remove! ugh.

Got some weed killer and pre-emergent down yesterday - a double-whammy.
This morning I can hear cries from the lawn as the rain activates the stuff. Too bad.

Let's get to tellin' stories!
Y'all have a weterful day!

1709980295153.png

Thx Mr Nick!
A very good coffee and a fun start.

9˚c/48f, sunny and a light breeze.
The hills were crowded today, met at least seven people….pfffft.

Unsupervised until late.
Have to ponder my next move.
Another mug please!

Have a good one!
Beer serving starts when it’s five o’clock in Novosibirsk, help yourselves!
Stu

View from last nights visit, they live close to a beach. If Ray was there I’m shure he’d fixe me a proper sundowner…
IMG_3106.jpeg

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the coffee Nick. Stay dry, and on high ground.

It's 39°F, cloudy, and breezy in Lansdale at this hour. The high could be 47, with light rain due around 1000 hours to persist until 2200 hours, getting heavier as the day passes.

The rest of the tribe plan to head to Atlantic City today but apart from a tooth extraction or prostate exam there's little I'm less interested in so I'll visit cousins in Collingwood NJ instead.

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Good morning, all, and thanks for the coffee and general shenanigans, Nick!

When I look outside, I see a flat, white sky - a harbinger of the snowstorm to come. Today, we get rain, which will turn to mixed rain/snow, then quite a lot of snow tomorrow. Temps today will range from 5°C/41°F to 8°C/4°F, with respective windchills of 0°C/32°F and 4°C/49°F. Not looking forward to the dump of wet, heavy snow, but the temperatures will warm up again so it probably (hopefully) won't stay around too long. My biggest dread is that we get another storm like this the day before or on the day I'm to move (the 27th). If it does happen, I'll just heave a heavy sigh and get on with it.

In other news, it seems I passed my background check with flying colours and my security clearance came through, so I am now officially an employee of the Government of Canada and the Crown. I start on April 3. With my luck, they'll just put me in a yeoman's uniform and telI me to look after the rooks. :p sent my letter of resignation to my current employer yesterday afternoon - that is a great weight of my shoulders.

Right...I'd better start answering the 60-odd chat messages I've received since I went to bed at 11 last night. I've received over 100 since I put an advertisement online to transfer my lease on my flat yesterday at around 5. I kid you not. The housing shortage is severe here (as it is pretty much everywhere) and people are scrambling to find places to live. It's tough. I'm showing it to at least 5 people today, possibly more. Same tomorrow. Shouldn't take me long to find someone suitable; the only fly in the ointment is that my landlord has to approve whomever I put forward as a new tenant and, according to the new law that was just passed on Feb. 21, he can refuse for whatever reason he wishes (don't ask). I'm hoping that if I present him with someone suitable with proof of income who's interested in taking it over on April 1st, he'll accept. If not, I'm quite literally screwed. But I shall think positive thoughts.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Mornin’ y’all. Thanks for the coffee, Nick. It’s needed, as I face another day of thunderstorms, before turning cold tonight.

It’s 55, and falling, until it reaches 32 overnight. Ouch! I thought the warm weather was here to stay. Pffftt.

@Peppermint Good luck with your tenant search. And congrats to the new job.

John

The housing shortage is severe here (as it is pretty much everywhere) and people are scrambling to find places to live. It's tough. I'm showing it to at least 5 people today, possibly more. Same tomorrow. Shouldn't take me long to find someone suitable; the only fly in the ointment is that my landlord has to approve whomever I put forward as a new tenant and, according to the new law that was just passed on Feb. 21, he can refuse for whatever reason he wishes (don't ask). I'm hoping that if I present him with someone suitable with proof of income who's interested in taking it over on April 1st, he'll accept. If not, I'm quite literally screwed. But I shall think positive thoughts.

Patty

Congratulations!
Never been up that way Patty - has Montreal always been a tough market for housing?

John, you should know this was just a sneak preview of the real spring. The REAL spring will last 3 or 4 days, and then it's REAL summer.
But it won't be long, or far away.

Thanks for the coffee Nick, it's a coolish, breezy and damp 60, but most of the rain has moved out of here. Might hit up to 70 but not for awhile.

I have a burger trip for 2 jobs way up north, so I'd better dress warm for it. My aim is to cut way back on my car miles this year, but I first have to find a way to carry a medium computer sized box on the bike. Debating on whether I can strap it on the GSA, but more likely will have to take the take the trailer behind the ST.

Either way, I'll have one refill while I ponder this weighty dilemma.

Good luck on the showings, Patty. Sadly, any prospects with a German Shepherd may not pass their second interview.

Never been up that way Patty - has Montreal always been a tough market for housing?

No! Montreal has always been the cheapest city in Canada to live in; it still is, despite skyrocketing housing costs (sales prices, mortgage rates and rental prices). This is what is happening everywhere - it's a symptom of the state of the economy+inflation and isn't limited to here. There is also a severe housing shortage, also in all major cities across the country.

good morning all. thanks for the coffee Nick. 41F on the dog walk with a mix of clouds and stars to walk under. UPS sent me a notice that my package (radio for truck) was rescheduled for delivery by Monday the 11th. Oh well wife wants to paint our bedroom so when she gets up I will check in and see what her plains are. If she wants to paint then I will have to run to Lowes to get a roller for our paint stick. we should see a high of 68F. enjoy the day

stay safe

Late start here.
I am truly sorry to everyone living relatively near me .... yesterday was a wonderfully warm day so I took the snowblower off the tractor.... and as I type this the snow I saw in last night's forecast that was supposed to hit after dark tonight.... is coming down at a steady rate! Double pffffftttttt!!
Currently it is about 33F and snowing. It is supposed to get a couple degrees warmer before dropping to just about freezing tonight and accumulate up to 5 inches of snow by Sunday morning.
A quick trip to the store to get a couple things I forgot yesterday, along with some cooking and laundry should at least keep me awake for most of the afternoon.
Be safe, hug those that will accept one, and be careful about angering the snow gods!!
Scott

Morning all! 6C here with a high of 9C predicted. Rain, sun and a high wind warning. And so it blows.....

Good luck with the tenant weeding Patty and hopefully your landlord will be reasonable. Housing is crazy everywhere.

We had a decent meeting with the old contractor yesterday. It sounds like the project manager was the issue; deliberately screwing things up while starting their own business on the side. Anyway, I'm confident that we'll reach an amicable agreement and parting of the ways.

I received an awesome job offer yesterday that I intend to accept. Still some hoops to jump through and it's not guaranteed, background checks etc but 2024 is off to a great start.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning, all, and thanks for the coffee and general shenanigans, Nick!

When I look outside, I see a flat, white sky - a harbinger of the snowstorm to come. Today, we get rain, which will turn to mixed rain/snow, then quite a lot of snow tomorrow. Temps today will range from 5°C/41°F to 8°C/4°F, with respective windchills of 0°C/32°F and 4°C/49°F. Not looking forward to the dump of wet, heavy snow, but the temperatures will warm up again so it probably (hopefully) won't stay around too long. My biggest dread is that we get another storm like this the day before or on the day I'm to move (the 27th). If it does happen, I'll just heave a heavy sigh and get on with it.

In other news, it seems I passed my background check with flying colours and my security clearance came through, so I am now officially an employee of the Government of Canada and the Crown. I start on April 3. With my luck, they'll just put me in a yeoman's uniform and telI me to look after the rooks. :p sent my letter of resignation to my current employer yesterday afternoon - that is a great weight of my shoulders.

Right...I'd better start answering the 60-odd chat messages I've received since I went to bed at 11 last night. I've received over 100 since I put an advertisement online to transfer my lease on my flat yesterday at around 5. I kid you not. The housing shortage is severe here (as it is pretty much everywhere) and people are scrambling to find places to live. It's tough. I'm showing it to at least 5 people today, possibly more. Same tomorrow. Shouldn't take me long to find someone suitable; the only fly in the ointment is that my landlord has to approve whomever I put forward as a new tenant and, according to the new law that was just passed on Feb. 21, he can refuse for whatever reason he wishes (don't ask). I'm hoping that if I present him with someone suitable with proof of income who's interested in taking it over on April 1st, he'll accept. If not, I'm quite literally screwed. But I shall think positive thoughts.

Patty
All the best Patty!
You will find the perfect people to enjoy your digs!
It certainly sounds like things are going your way!
Regards
Brian

Morning Nick & All from sunny, but cold, Southern Utah!

Currently it is 28F and we'll be looking for 54F for some warmth. No breeze yet, but later we could see the winds from the SSW @10 to 13mph.

@Peppermint : Patty, congrats on the new job!

Yesterday, I was on my way to pick up new brake pads when I decided to drop my truck off at Goodyear for an oil change. And of course they told me that my brake pads needed replacing and of course they don't turn rotors, so for the pads & rotors it was going to be over $400! I told them I was actually on my way to NAPA to pick up pads, when I stopped to have the oil changed. Then he informs me that NAPA didn't have any pads, so I asked how they were going to change them out then? "Oh, Car Quest has them!" Which saved me a trip and I picked them up there. ;)

So I'll be changing out brake pads and I'm thinking of replacing my Struts, but I may not do them. :think1: As I think about it, with our trip to SoCal on Tuesday, I'd be better off doing the struts when I have more time!

Lazyman's breakfast. Pepsi will come later!

Anyone :bk13:, have a great day on the roads! ;hat3:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom