Harbor Freight

TMUS

MSF Instructor 32 years
Bike
2006 ST1300a(Marvin)
STOC #
Picked up a Habor Freight tire changer and their balancer last night. May not be the best in the world but for the whole set up I paid just under $150 with tax. Two set of tires will pay for it than it's free :toot1:

It's definitely the way to go if you are just doing them for yourself and looking for a quick ROI.

Are you planning on getting a different mount/demount bar and doing the other smaller mods to make it more scratch resistant?

You bet, a Mojolever before the next set of tires. Going to use a lot of lube and duct tape on this set. PR2's arrive tomorrow from TwoBrothers, thanks Tim :smile:

Update:

Mounted my new PR2's yesterday with the HF and balanced with the HF balancer. Took a while to get the first tire mounted on the changer but after that all went well. Balancer worked great, each tire took 3/4oz of weight and ride is great. May have to pull the front and break the bead and reinflate, have a little hopping at slow speed and I noticed one area may not be all the way setted, a line around the tire is a little close in one spot. Had to get brake pads for the rear, front will be soon, I will wait till than to redo the tire most likely. Next time I hope to have the Mojo lever, would help I had to really tape up the HF bar end for protection. Had to use tire irons to help a little too. With this one tire change I paid for half the changer and balancer, one more and it's paid for.

:toot1:

The Mojolever is better than what comes with the HF unit, but if you can get the Nomar lever, I think you will be happier. I don't care for the mounting side of the Mojolever, the Nomar has a much better design for that detail.

Back
Top Bottom