Has anyone taken the ST full LED (minus HeadLight)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
(actually it might not
Regarding the tail light lens how much it reduces the light isn't a variable. It will do what it does regardless of the light source behind it: it will transmit red light of a particular frequency (or range). If any color of light has a red component of that frequency the tail light lens well let it pass.

My question would be: how much red light component in lumens is in a white LED of any given color temperature and overall output in lumens compared to a red LED?

I don't know that enough variables are known to give an accurate answer without using a spectroscope. If the white LED has more red light than 13/60L then the white LED will give a brighter tail/brake light than the same LED in red. I didn't know that those bulbs had different output for the different colors.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Regarding the tail light lens how much it reduces the light isn't a variable. It will do what it does regardless of the light source behind it: it will transmit red light of a particular frequency (or range). If any color of light has a red component of that frequency the tail light lens well let it pass.

My question would be: how much red light component in lumens is in a white LED of any given color temperature and overall output in lumens compared to a red LED?

I don't know that enough variables are known to give an accurate answer without using a spectroscope. If the white LED has more red light than 13/60L then the white LED will give a brighter tail/brake light than the same LED in red. I didn't know that those bulbs had different output for the different colors.
There is a specifications tab on the website, that tells you the specs of the different versions.
Unfortunately the lousy guys at superbrightleds.com don't list how much light will pass through an ST1300 brake light lens.

You probably don't need a spectroscope though, just measure the light levels with a bulb on the other side of the brake light lens for each bulb with & without brakes applied.
You would need each bulb to do this with, that is something I don't have.
I do suspect that both the warm white I have and the red version would work really well in the ST.

Bike
2007 ST1300
When I get a chance I will put in my new headlight LEDs, they are the last of the non-LED lights on my bike so I will be 100% LED once that is done.

Anyone not impressed with led bulbs bought ***** ones. Following recommendations i went with natgic 7443 from amazon for brakes and indicators super bright
Only problem is you need to use red brake bulbs as the white are so powerful your lens will show yellow instead. red lights the plate red but never had an issue with that
also installed novsight h4 led headlights and jesus christ you can land planes with them. they blew the best glass bulbs out the water the wall picture looks a tad yellow as i had only changed one. the wall picture is vs phillips extreme 130

FB_IMG_1586903762726.jpgFB_IMG_1586903768473.jpgDSC_0086.JPGDSC_0087.JPG

Top Bottom