Has anyone used JBM replacement carb diaphragms ?

Bike
ST1100AY
I am looking at just buying replacement rubber diaphragms and glueing them to the existing piston slides, the procedure to cut the diaphragm mounting rings off , is shown here :

Was wondering if anyone has been down this path before ?

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 06.30.52.png

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 06.31.02.png

Thankyou to @oude geit for the steer towards JBM

I just got the price from Honda for new piston slides with diaphragms, $250 for a set of 4 !!

Using JBM would cost $80

I used them on my VTX about 40000 miles ago. I learned of them on the VTX forum.

I just got the price from Honda for new piston slides with diaphragms, $250 for a set of 4
Check which ST model, hence which carbs you have; IIRC are EC spec carbs equipped with aluminum cast sliders, whilst the US spec have the shown plastic ones

Check which ST model, hence which carbs you have; IIRC are EC spec carbs equipped with aluminum cast sliders, whilst the US spec have the shown plastic ones
Aha, I hadn't picked up on that. Wonder if the cutting technique will work on the aluminium, also I better double check the ID measurements.

Aha, I hadn't picked up on that. Wonder if the cutting technique will work on the aluminium, also I better double check the ID measurements.
Did a CB750 with an NRP kit a while back, aluminum sliders with plastic twist-locks, pretty easy...

I did have to remove the old one.
Can you recall if you removed both rings or just the top one ? I have been looking at the video and instructions and both seem to be valid options !

From my research and measurements it looks like the K-72-S will fit my ST1100 metal slides. I have just ordered one to try it out and will report back with some photos if it works.

Back
Top Bottom