Head tube bearing tool kit available?

How do I get on the list of persons who would like to borrow the tool kit for replacing the head tube bearings on an 1100?

I actually have the bike torn down now rebuilding brake calipers and the fork, realized quickly that I needed to replace these bearings after 75k miles.

Thanks

-mtnpat

How do I get on the list of persons who would like to borrow the tool kit for replacing the head tube bearings on an 1100?

I actually have the bike torn down now rebuilding brake calipers and the fork, realized quickly that I needed to replace these bearings after 75k miles.

Thanks

-mtnpat

Pull it apart first. May surprise you and the bearing races may almost fall out. Mine did when I replaced them with tapered roller bearings.;)

Last edited:
Hi John, forgive the dumb question but would a bike mechanic need these specific type of tools to install the new tapered headstock bearings?

Hi John, forgive the dumb question but would a bike mechanic need these specific type of tools to install the new tapered headstock bearings?

Yes, or something similar. Tool(s) to remove the bearing races. Tools to drive or press the new races. Tools to remove and reset the stem and adjustment nuts. Did you read the link(s)? Do you have the Honda Service Manual? The Honda Common Service Manual is very helpful also. There's probably YouTube vids also...

John

Yes, or something similar. Tool(s) to remove the bearing races. Tools to drive or press the new races. Tools to remove and reset the stem and adjustment nuts. Did you read the link(s)? Do you have the Honda Service Manual? The Honda Common Service Manual is very helpful also. There's probably YouTube vids also...

John

Yes thanks I read through those links, I just have a Haynes manual,even if I was registered on ST-riders I doubt it would be ok to post those tools over and back from America, I wouldn't be doing the work myself, just not competent enough at this type of work and since my life is dependant on the bike being as close to 100% mechanically perfect as I can get it, I would get the work done by a professional.
Good thing about my friend who does the work for me is I help him and am confident then that things are done right, thanks to all the advice I have got on this great site.
I will get him to read that link also and see what he thinks.
I installed the new shock myself, oil and filter changes, coolant change and that type of stuff I can do ok.
Thanks again.broc11

Back
Top Bottom