Heading to the Baja 13Jan2023 - must ride/must see recommendations?

Bike
2007 ST1300
I will be part of a group of friends who are heading from Mexicali down the Baja to Cabo San Lucas next week for a trip lasting ~11 days. I will be on my 2007 ST1300, and my friends will be on BMW K1600s.

We will be making a stop at Magdalena Bat to go whale watching to see the grey whales with their calves which I think will be a real highlight.

To those who have gone before, I am looking for any recommendations for any standout roads, towns, bars and activities that we should not miss on this trip.

Thanks!

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
snorkel with the whale sharks at La Paz. If you're looking forward to watching whales from a boat, would you be interested in swimming within 5-10ft of them?

If you're interested, google it and book a trip with a guide. I don't know if that's something you can do by walking up at the last minute when you know your exact schedule, or if they sell out in advance. You go out in very small groups, so it wouldn't surprise me if they sell out in advance. One of the best things I've ever done, and its one of only a handful of places in the world where whale sharks live.

lunch or dinner at Las Guacamayas in Cabo for an authentic experience of good food at bargain prices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom