Heart Attack!!!

Bike
06 ST1300
Yes, I had 2 of em last week!
I was involved in my 2nd favorite activity, at the gun range when chest got tight, felt like Mike Tyson was punching me, cold sweats, dizzy, left arm numb, all the symptoms.
Fortunately I was able to drive myself to the hospital.
Feeling much better now, can't wait to get back on my ST!
Years of eating Philly cheesesteaks finally caught up with me. What am I supposed to eat now?

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Glad you're OK and hope you recover as best you can.

Please forgive me for saying this but............... Don't drive yourself to the hospital if you are having chest pain. Do yourself, people who care for you and and everyone else on the road a favor and call 911.

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Skip the bacon for breakfast and you will be fine. Man, 2 in a week that's cutting it close. So I have to ask how did you hold your shooting pattern at the range while having a heart attack that's about the biggest test you might ever have! :D

Years of eating Philly cheesesteaks finally caught up with me. What am I supposed to eat now?

Bike
ST 1300
Well based on my heart attack experience the best thing you can do is have a blood lipid panel done every six months. Did they put a stent in? Check all your blood numbers and adjust your lifestyle accordingly. Mine was almost 5 years ago and I have been just fine. Sometimes it is only a freak accident like mine was. Good luck and good health.

Bike
97 ST11/06 ST13A
STOC #
I can not strees this enough. 2 or 3 325 mg asprin chewwed will help get you to the hospital alive. +1 on call 911.
Everyone over 45 should be taking 81mg asprin every day. This from a man that has worked 15 years in a Cath Lab

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I can not strees this enough. 2 or 3 325 mg asprin chewwed will help get you to the hospital alive. +1 on call 911. Everyone over 45 should be taking 81mg asprin every day. This from a man that has worked 15 years in a Cath Lab

Can I replace the daily asprin with a cheeseburger?

Gymbo

R.I.P. - 2021/08/30
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Glad you are OK! Here's what I tell my patients with heart problems:

1) Low glycemic diet / low inflammatory diet.
2) Regular aerobic exercise. See this article
3) Avoid trans fats like the plague
4) Eliminate wheat, dairy, soy, corn and sugar from your diet.
5) Do 1 through 4 and begin feeling better than you have in a long time. :)

A friend and colleague of mine has a website that outlines the diet: http://eatingrightdiet.com/eating-right-diet/

OP
OP
Shutterbug
Bike
06 ST1300
Thanks for the advise, guys. I did have 2 stents installed and watched them install them. Actually I thought I was having an asthma attack, but the numbness i the left arm convinced me it was a heart attack.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Can I replace the daily asprin with a cheeseburger?
Coop, you should know better!! That is a totally inadequate diet.
By coincidence, I was describing my three phase health plan to my riding partners today.....

1. Lots and lots of greasy foods to keep the inside of those arteries as slippery as possible.
2. Smoke at least two packs a day to keep the heart rate up and pumping faster.
3. Plenty of alcohol, so the blood is diluted and will flow much better.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Had a big one 6 years ago. Most of the food I eat tastes like cardboard but I'm still here and still riding. My savior is that beer has no cholesterol and no fat. Yahoo!

Greg Kane

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow you are so lucky to be still with us!!! You should have called 911 and not driven yourself to the hospital as the outcome could have been worse! I am glad that you are on the mend. Take care and I hope you have a full recovery and get back on the road soon.

Bike
06 ST
I receive health information from Mayo Clinic in MN. Mayo Clinic recommends if you feel you have a heart attack do the following;
1. Take two 325mg aspirins, chew them in your mouth.
2. Take a small sip of water and swallow it
3. Sit up and do not lay down
4. Cough, it will compress your chest area
5. Call for help
Dave B. Denver

Bike
2010 ST1300
STOC #
Glad you are hear to tell us about it. A week before T-Day last November I thought I was having a Heart Attack and the look on my son's face when I went to the hospital was enough to make me do something about it. At 5'11" I was 320 pounds. I could not do it on my own so I went to a Quick Weight Loss Center here in S. Fla and I have lost almost 70 pounds since the Monday before T-Day which was the day I started with them. My wife is approaching a 40 pound loss. At that time my riding jacket was a 5xl. Last week, I just picked up sized "Large" jacket because I was starting to swim in my 4xl and although I am like a stuffed grape, I wear it every day as motivation to keep up my weight loss.

Life is short and you only go through it once. Do something for your family if not for yourself.

Brittany and Parker Colorado in summer time
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
Take care what you put into your gut, and regular exercise,i walk at least 3km every day, a lot of people may not agree with me but the people of my generation were lucky in a way to be brought up with food rationing in the ww2, all i remember as a kid was vegetables, fish and fruit, maybe there were other things but these stood out in my mind as a basic diet. I have carried on throughout my life in the same manner. Works for me,but i like the "junk grub" occasionally. And i'm fortunate to be within the French health service that is exellent and "almost" free of charge. Anual Blood tests, and heart soundings, prostrate and bowel examinations, great on preventative medicine. And plenty of red wine which is medicine of the gods. Hope all ST'ers can ride as long as i have, hope stutterbug is back on his bike soon.

Every day above ground is a good day.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I can not strees this enough. 2 or 3 325 mg asprin chewwed will help get you to the hospital alive. +1 on call 911.
Everyone over 45 should be taking 81mg asprin every day. This from a man that has worked 15 years in a Cath Lab
Can't do it, my tummy and aspirin don't get along.

Shutterbug, glad ya survived the drive! :22yikes:

OP
OP
Shutterbug
Bike
06 ST1300
I'm doin' my best so far, rabbit food every day (the most painful part of recovery). As several of you have said, I'm just happy to still be here. Thanks again for the positive words of encouragement! i will be back on my ST soon!

Top Bottom