Heat issues

I am seriously considering a St1300 Or Yami FJR

I am torn between these two bikes.

Does the St have the heat issues like the FJR?.

Any other advice would be really appreciated.

M Khan

NCrider

Andrew Seawell
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Some do, some don't, mine does and I'm still trying to figure out why.

It's pretty much been proven that some have the problem and some don't. One owner in here had 2 '04's one ran hot and one didn't. It's been beat around so much as to why. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

If I had to do it again, I'd go for a good long ride before I bought again.

Bike
FJR1300
I have noticed some heat from my 04. I read one of several solutions (ideas) here that were apparently used police ST bikes and that was extra heat shielding or weather stripping on the fairing edge where it meets the frame, right behind the cylinder heads. I intend to do something like this. I also recently got MCL Highway Pegs. These things are great, not only for allowing me to reposition around on the seat but my feet and legs can kick way out to pegs. I can avoid the heat flow. It's a good balance. The heat is not unbearable but it's enough where I will focus some attention to mitigate it's effects. In the final analysis, I would buy the ST again without hesitation.

Bike
"07" ST1300
Well .... I am a first time ST owner since January. I have not ridden the FJR, but I sure do like the ST. Now that it is heating up weather wise, I am feeling it on this bike. It amazes me that the makers do not seem to take into consideration these issues when designing the bike. And if it did slip by one or two years, then would think the next model the issue would be corrected.

STOC #
I am seriously considering a St1300 Or Yami FJR

I am torn between these two bikes.

Does the St have the heat issues like the FJR?.

Any other advice would be really appreciated.

M Khan
What heat issues on a FJR????? :confused:

Seriously, I've owned both and as many point out - some ST1300's have it and some don't (or so it seems). My '06 ST did and I after 20K+ miles I sold it as I could not take it any longer. My FJR does very well for heat management - very similar to how my ST1100's did. No complaints here.

Good luck in what ever you decide on!!!

:D

Top Bottom