Heated Grip Cement that works.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I've had Oxford heated grips on my bike for about 3 years. Until now, I have not been able to satisfactory cement the left grip to the bar. I've tried the glue that came with the grips, cement from the Honda dealer, and cement from the Kawasaki dealer. The cement would appear to be working until the grip warmed up then break loose. I have finally found something that works. It is Loctite Spray Adhesive, Professional Performance 300 Heavy, Water and Heat Resistant. You can get the 13.5 ounce can at Lowe's Home Improvement.
Good luck.

I have had good luck with a thin strip or two of RTV gasket maker, this sticks to about anything.......... being careful not to put too much on and glue the whole thing........ just in case you want it off one day.

Renthal Grip Glue has worked for 9 years after installing my heat elements.

Per other posts here, I used hairspray. Went to a local drugstore and was totally bewildered by the incredible number of different hairsprays. The I started sorting them by price. Got a very small can for $2 or $3 that did the trick. My grips have held fast for the last year and a few months that they have been on the bike. I've used them in the fall at 50% for half an hour at a time, full power for maybe 10 min, and the first two levels most of the time I have them on. No problems.

+1 on cheap hairspray. Been on for a couple years and can run heat on full as long as I want. However if yours have already been glued with something else or they are a little stretched, who knows. If all else fails you might try GOOP of course you would probably have to cut/grind them off when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom