Heated grip Question

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Hmmm, I have heat shrink over my left handlebar, two layers of it. there is still a notable difference between left and right grip temps so the theory of thicker grip material is a possibility.

So I bought a BMW rightside grip and put it on the left side, remember I have two layers of heat shrink on that side, well the left side is still cooler than the right.....Hmmmm, checked the wiring again and all is as it should be.

I have the Symtec by the way.

Now I an wondering what would happen if I threw on another grip heater element on that side....Interesting project in the works....I have a spare used set to tear up.

I think the aluminum handlebar makes one hell of a heat sink. The right side not only has the plastic throttle tube as an insulator but also has an airgap between the handlebar and the plastic throttle tube....might be why the right side stays hotter.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
I have Dual-Star grip heaters, very similar to the Symtecs. Different elements for left and right and a high and a low element in each. I control them with a Heat Troller which give me infinite temp. control. and the HT does not use a resistor, it is electronic.

Even heat left and right sides.

btw, Heat Troller offers the Dual-Star grip heaters on their website as a package with the HT.

Top Bottom