heated grips

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
There won't be any difference in heat output on high. Either will get you full power. So far I haven't felt the need for more than high and low settings. Pretty much they're on high or they're off.

Bike
2005 rune
I just installed the honda grips took a couple of hours but works great and has a factory look. I am no mechanic but found it to be easy.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
You guys have just reminded me why I need to keep ReSTored on the road (new motor on the way.) I just put new heated grips on her a couple months ago, not to mention fresh tars 'n brakes.

Don't want to have to re-farkle another one. :D

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
+1 on the Symtec, rocker switch has a cleaner look than the toggle. Also just picked up a set of Hippo Hands for myself and the missus (she rides a Yamaha Vino) looking forward to see how they stand up to the cold & wet.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
The Honda heated grips will not turn without the engine running and have four heat settings. Cutting a hole in the plastic is a no brainier. The spot is marked on the inside from the factory. Any of the after market heat foils and be wired to a rocker switch instead of a toggle. IMO, wiring directly to the battery will eventually leave you stranded. Yes, I am old and forgetful. The nice thing about heated grips is they are always with you.

Tom

Surprise, I just found this on the forum! https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77574

Top Bottom