HELP LOCATING: 3P Honda Brake/Tail Connector mate

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Looking for the counterpart to this connector for the ST1300 tail / brake lights. https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/Honda_B-T_Connectors/honda_b-t_connectors.html

1672871184476.png

Essentially the same interface that's on the lamp socket (#3 in the parts diagram) but without the socket.
3 SOCKET p/n 33720-GZ9-003

1672871082161.png

Or, worst case, does anyone have a spare lamp socket they're not using?

Yeah, I know that that connector is designed to plug into the back of that socket and an in-line connector may not exist, but... I have plans. :)

Thanks! Tom

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
1672873694042.png
something like this?
Thanks @CruSTy but not exactly. I'm looking for the connector and crimp on terminals, not so much a pigtail of some kind. Though now that you mention these, I might be able to make something like this work... if it mates to the connector sold by Eastern Beaver and Cycle Terminal.

What is it that you posted the photo of? Do you have reason to think it's a match? Can you share the link to its source please?

Try Eastern Beaver. Send him an email he may be able to help you. He is very helpful.
@bdalameda , Eastern Beaver is on my list to contact next. I started with Cycle Terminal since they're US based, however Jim at Eastern Beaver has been very helpful to me in the past. My only misgiving is that their minimum order and shipping costs, plus the time for shipping from Japan tend to have me looking stateside first.

Thanks

CruSTy

My Perception is my reality.
Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
2024 Miles
STOC #
What is it that you posted the photo of?
Just did a search on Amazon for taillight connector adapter. I just posted this to get a better idea of what you are trying to build. This one probably won’t work but there are socket repair and socket plugs for the type of bulbs in the ST tail light. GM uses a bulb with a similar base.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
That's very helpful @cjames431 , thanks. What I want is what those connectors plug into.

@CruSTy thanks for clarifying the image you posted. I don't need a socket for the bulbs in the ST1300 taillight, I need the male connector that goes with the female connector in the photos I and @cjames431 posted. Thanks though

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
BTW, that Corsa site (awesome) at least helped me identify what type of connector that is.

It's a Sumitomo LPSCT-3S. Much more useful info than simply "Honda taillight connector"

1672884838526.png

Bike
2010 ST1300
BTW, that Corsa site (awesome) at least helped me identify what type of connector that is.

It's a Sumitomo LPSCT-3S. Much more useful info than simply "Honda taillight connector"

1672884838526.png

I have ordered from them a number of times and have been very pleased.

I spoke with Corsa in April of 2022 and ran a gal through her paces.

There are no molds available for the mate. According to her there would be the expense of the molds, set up cost, a minimum run. In her words thousands of dollars.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
I like a good puzzle, so I just Googled that part number. Poking around uniquesystem-jp's website it looks like you have to really want that part. Minimum shipping is $30 to North America. And they only take PayPal. But it can be done. I have no experience with that company, but it's Japan, I'd trust it more than China, India or Russia. HTH
John

Josh_ST

I love my 2 wheeled therapy machine!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
2024 Miles
Just found this site, they have the wiring end for sale as well, but no trace of the "bulb" side :(

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Thanks @Josh_ST . That's a decent price for a pack of 5 connectors and terminals.

@northwestparider , no not yet. I have enough distractions currently. Robotics season has started which will keep me busy. In addition to the uniquesystem supplier in Japan, Cycle Terminal can source them as well but at a steep premium. So it's the high minimum order from Japan, or a high per unit price from a domestic reseller? That's easy... Cycle Terminal. I just haven't gotten around to place my order.

When I do dig into those circuits I want to add the ST2 Strober for my brake lights. Abandon the tap into the brake light circuit at the rear switch used for my Givi tailbox and deliver its power from this new wiring. Finally add the strip of white LEDs for my license plate. You realize that when you use red LEDs for tail/brake the plate is lit with red light? Not legal in some places I hear. This will take a little planning but I'll definitely need those connectors.

@STRider how much does Cycle Terminal want for those pieces? My brake light project involves a Whelen LIN3 and the Givi light kit for my top case.
Tapping the circuit at the rear seems much neater than at the rear pedal.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Info your UK readers. Similar connector for the same purpose from Kojaycat

3 Way Honda Suzuki Mitsubushi Tail Light Brake Stop Connector (kojaycat.co.uk)

1673633318524.png
@jfheath John, that's part of the connectors in question, but the wrong gender for my request. That's the female, I'm looking for the male, the one on the left in this image.

1673639588853.png

@STRider how much does Cycle Terminal want for those pieces? My brake light project involves a Whelen LIN3 and the Givi light kit for my top case.
Tapping the circuit at the rear seems much neater than at the rear pedal.
Joe at Cycle Terminal sent me this in response to an email query to them. He followed up later with a photo to confirm that he was talking about the correct item.

"Hi Tom, I have a few, but these are custom made and expensive at $11.00 with extra terminals.
There is no mating connector made by the manufacture.
I’d have to send an invoice.
Joe"

1673639797364.png

Top Bottom