help! Rear Brake problem!

Bike
1600 GTL
Hi guys ( and gals), Had a little scare this aft. Was buzzing about town on the ST and riding down Palani Road ( here in Kona) towards the ocean for a oceanside ride back to my villa. ( 4 miles or so) Coming to a corner to turn south and I pump rear brake and front break a tad. Wasn't going real fast but I noticed no response on the rear brake. Sunday I had rode over to Hilo and hit a few miles of road const. Yup, you guessed it , a small pc of lava rock was lodged just under the brake pedal not allowing it to go all the way down. Very weird, with needlenose, long screwdriver, flashlite,, 15 minutes later I finally dislodged it. How it got in there so perfectly and how it had to come out so perfect is beyond me. So if anyone else has no rear brakes, check for pebbles, stuff happens. Aloha, pete

Bike
1200RT, 1200GS
STOC #
My son just told me about him managing to lodge a rock in one of the rear brakes on his Porsche...said it put up a heck of a noise. Cost him $300 to have it towed to the Porsche dealer. We live on a farm with gravel driveway...possible that it happened here, but who knows.

I warned him that they were expensive.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Good thing you got it out of there, because Madame Pele gets ticked off at people who take parts of her volcanoes off the island.

--Mark

Top Bottom