Help with Alternator Upgrade.

Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Wondering if there is anyone in eastern NC who is familiar with the 40 amp alternator upgrade process. I've read numerous articles, but still a little nervous about exposing the boules of my SSMST, by myself. I have a heated shop, some tools, beer, food, and gas money. I could also come to you, if you prefer. Thanks in advance!

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Wish I was a little closer...I was nervous too, alot to undertake at first. Just keep plugging away and don't get overwhelmed by dismantling a good potion of your bike. I took the approach of labeling every screw/bolt and kept them altogether with the piece that came off the bike. It went so much smoother & faster when it came time to putting everything back together again. If you get fustrated, Walk away!! take a break and then come back to it. Good Luck!! Let us know if you need anything else.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Fred, wish I was closer.

Do you have John Oo's tool kit? Along with the enclosed instructions, it's invaluable. I've done several but still peruse the data sheets each time.

YOU CAN DO IT!

I did my first almost seven years ago, with no help other than the minimal kit available at that time. Went smoothly enuff and everything worked. STick then sat for three years as ReSTored got the duty for 150,000 miles. STanley (nee ReSTored) is now awaiting major surgery while STick is in Raven's hands getting more miles added. STs are not indeSTructible, but they are tuff. :D

Bike
2017 ST1300P
STOC #
Don't fret about the upgrade; the process is well-documented and straight-forward. Just make sure you have all the recommended parts and supplies. Take your time and you can do it in a day or two - depending on your speed and comfort level.

Top Bottom