Here We Go Again - News From The Holler

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, about 2 1/2 weeks ago as I was exercising I felt like I threw another blood clot in my left leg again. The old excruciating leg cramp came back with a vengeance. I was determined to go to OhioSToc anyway and I did and I am glad that I did. Today my vascular doctor confirmed my self diagnosis - the bypass he did back in November has completely closed up (they don't understand why) and looks like I am in store for another leg bypass. This is while being on Eliquis - the 'Lexus' Blood Thinner (you can rent a nice Lexus for what it cost a month). These clots seem to be coming from the aneurysm repair that was done back 2016. In this surgery, they rip your leg open from the bottom of your calf muscle to your groin, remove a vein, flip it around, then hook it around the blockage into the artery. And yes it is as unpleasant as it sounds and not an experience that I really wanted to go through again. ;) So if you are of the praying persuasion, this old tired hillbilly would certainly appreciate your prayers.

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Well, about 2 1/2 weeks ago as I was exercising I felt like I threw another blood clot in my left leg again. The old excruciating leg cramp came back with a vengeance. I was determined to go to OhioSToc anyway and I did and I am glad that I did. Today my vascular doctor confirmed my self diagnosis - the bypass he did back in November has completely closed up (they don't understand why) and looks like I am in store for another leg bypass. This is while being on Eliquis - the 'Lexus' Blood Thinner (you can rent a nice Lexus for what it cost a month). These clots seem to be coming from the aneurysm repair that was done back 2016. In this surgery, they rip your leg open from the bottom of your calf muscle to your groin, remove a vein, flip it around, then hook it around the blockage into the artery. And yes it is as unpleasant as it sounds and not an experience that I really wanted to go through again. ;) So if you are of the praying persuasion, this old tired hillbilly would certainly appreciate your prayers.
You're not going to take a sip of moonshine and do it yourself with a rusty k-bar? I hope you have a nice nurse.

Bike
CTX 1300
Being a veteran of several surgeries, but not that one (thank God), I can kinda feel your pain. The down time is about the worst part. Prayers sent.

Bike
2007 ST1300
UP ----- oh my gosh. My jaw dropped when I read this.
I pray all goes well. I will be thinking about you often. Please keep us updated as much as possible. If there is anything I can do let me know.

Greg

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Being a veteran of several surgeries, but not that one (thank God), I can kinda feel your pain. The down time is about the worst part. Prayers sent.
This is my experience, too. Recovery sucks more than the surgery. Will put in a word with the Almighty about your situation, although I'm pretty sure He knows about it.

Sorry to hear this. We are glad you were able to join us at OH-Stoc, but hopefully that trip didn't set you back. Prayers for you, always!!

Top Bottom