Hiccup Leaving the Driveway

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Headed out of the driveway like I normally do every day. Slowed way down to take the bump going out. The ST hiccuped and bumped to a stop just as I entered the pavement and down she went. It's amazing how well balanced they are under power and how they tumble from the sky when they flop to a stop. She wasn't that hard to pick back up but my hip has been complaining ever since.

Thanks to all for the tip for backing the bike up on the side stand rather than the bend over and get a hernia approach.

And thank goodness for Bygdawg tip over bars.

:wt1::rx1:

Bike
2001 ST1100
Sorry to hear. I was there a couple of weeks ago so brush the dirt off and life go's on. I heard someone say once. there are 3 types of motorcycle riders, The ones that are going to drop a bike, The ones that have, and the ones that will lie and say they won't. Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
Justytroll
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks I will. Off to Portland on Tuesday for my first really long (not iron butt) trip.

Sorry to hear. I was there a couple of weeks ago so brush the dirt off and life go's on. I heard someone say once. there are 3 types of motorcycle riders, The ones that are going to drop a bike, The ones that have, and the ones that will lie and say they won't. Have a great weekend.

Bike
04 ST1300
Yea when they start to tip over there,s no holding them,I know!!
I did once when it stall at low speed bad section of the road, it wasnt fun, and max effort was applied by me. Have to inform that i have extraordinary long legs though.

Bike
2008 ST 1300
Yesterday wasn't a good day for tip overs as I had my first one in the drug store parking lot (^%^*$#@ piece of plastic on the ground). Glad that there was no damage to the bike, and those tip over bars are sounding like a good investment...

--FA

IBG

Bike
st1300
Hi
Took my ST out of the garage. put the side stand down, must have been on a pebble or rock and as I closed the garage door I could see the dreaded reflection of the bike moving. too late bike over. Exhaust , mirror shroud, lower panniier, lower cowl all damaged. Thank god 4 ebBay. No one 2 blame but me - but still a bit of a pisser!!!!!!!!
IBG

Bike
04 ST1300
Thanks to all for the tip for backing the bike up on the side stand rather than the bend over and get a hernia approach.
Does this technique work if bike fell on its left side??(on the side stand side). Methinks the idea is, if bike fell on its right side, the side stand is deployed before lifting bike, so that it doesn't tip the opposite side when brought upright with nobody holding it.

OP
OP
Justytroll
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Does this technique work if bike fell on its left side??(on the side stand side). Methinks the idea is, if bike fell on its right side, the side stand is deployed before lifting bike, so that it doesn't tip the opposite side when brought upright with nobody holding it.
If you tip it on the other side you can lift as described as well. Once it is up you are standing on the side stand side so you can deploy the stand easily

Top Bottom