Highway Blades for ST1100 & ST1300 by PSR. USA Made

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
We should have 2 ST1100 sets in stock for ordering. I’ll have them fixed ASAP. Sorry about that.

1st batch sold out

Estimate Date Of Availability To Be Determined

But, thank you!

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm pretty sure it's per pair. I think SoCal has a post elsewhere about the blade assemblies not being sold separately just the replacement blades. The addition of a strategically located S on the site would clear things up handily.

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
Yes, it's price per pair $279.95. web link descriptions fixed. thanks!

Charlie
I'm pretty sure it's per pair. I think SoCal has a post elsewhere about the blade assemblies not being sold separately just the replacement blades. The addition of a strategically located S on the site would clear things up handily.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Charlie, is it possible to swap bracket sides to lower the blades a tad, or will they only mount on the designated sides?

Asking because I just ordered a set. My legs, especially the left knee, demand it.

Also, can the tip covers be cut and re-installed, or is it impossible due to the design?

OP
OP
SoCalST8

SoCalST8

Vendor
Bike
ST1300, ST1100, R1
On the ST1100 the blades were designed to mount only one way. Although I think you’ll find the ergonomic comfortable as is and wouldn’t need to mount them lower.

The crash bar covers would need to be removed and left off. Honestly we took the easy lazy way out on the ST11 covers and didn’t look into the possibility of trimming them.

Of course, I'm asking about doing it on an 1100. And, can the cover be re-attached either way?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
The crash bar covers would need to be removed and left off. Honestly we took the easy lazy way out on the ST11 covers and didn’t look into the possibility of trimming them.
Are you saying that it can't be done, or just that you haven't tried?

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
We haven't tried. By the way, thanks for the order! That leaves us with one set left for the ST1100 for now.
You're welcome, and I'll let you know if I can modify the covers with pics.

Interestingly, after riding the ST, I've noticed that my Nighthawk bends my hips more, but the ST bends my knees more. I'm hoping that the blades will end up bending both less. I'm 6'3", and my legs don't take the bending all that well on long rides, forcing me to hang my legs off the pegs often. In fact, my knees bump into the fairing.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Okay, a couple of questions:

1. No spring and BB, even though the blades have the divots and curved groove. Why not? Should I look into machining the bracket to add them, or adjust the nylon nut to just not be loose, where friction controls ease of movement?

2. The main bracket (top clamp) appears to mount on the bar where it's perpendicular to the bike frame, rather than where it's parallel like the 1300. Does that mean the bracket goes on the very front of the bars? (not at the bike right now)

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Well, I mounted the blades. It took about 20 minutes, and I see why they're angled that way. The bars are basically U-shaped, so the only straight parts are front and back. They could have been mounted below, but I didn't do that today. Test ride tomorrow.

Top Bottom