Honda Heated Grips

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Well kudos to my dealer. They fixed it without a fuss and in about half a day. Much happier now. I didn't take a before picture to show the huge gap and all the dried up glue but here are some pics of what they look like now. Still not sure about the wire on the right grip being so close to the starter button, but I guess its done that way to give the throttle as much play as possible without running out of slack in the wire.
If your left hand wire doesn't interfere with the clutch, your dealer did better than mine!

Note that it is very difficul to remove the OEM Heated Grips once glued in place without damaging them. So your dealer should have installed a new grip (meaning he'd most likely have to fork out a complete new set as separate grips are not commonly available). If he just moved the grip around without replacing it, you may have a grip that may not last very long (or at all!).

Bike
07 Honda ST1300
Note that it is very difficul to remove the OEM Heated Grips once glued in place without damaging them. So your dealer should have installed a new grip (meaning he'd most likely have to fork out a complete new set as separate grips are not commonly available). If he just moved the grip around without replacing it, you may have a grip that may not last very long (or at all!).
Yeah, they said it was not possible to remove them at first. After reading some of the other threads here, I told them about not using the compressed air method for removing the grips as it would damage the wires. I told them to carefully use a phillips head screwdriver and alcohol to loosen the grips. I have no way of knowing if they listened to me, but at first blush it at least seems like they did a good job and the grip appears to be working fine. We'll have to see for how long though...:shrug2:

Top Bottom