How to pair Warm & Safe controller and jacket

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I think my W&S defaulted to 30% heat last week. I just replaced the batteries (which I think were the problem) and it remains at what seems to be 30% heat. How do I now pair the controller and jacket after the problem and the battery replacement? I see no instructions on their wabsite.
Needed for long ride tomorrow in the high 30's.
Thanks

OP
OP
DeanR
Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Thanks Tony. I'll go out shortly and give it a try. Looks easy.
Still can't find any instructions on their website.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I think my W&S defaulted to 30% heat last week. I just replaced the batteries (which I think were the problem) and it remains at what seems to be 30% heat. How do I now pair the controller and jacket after the problem and the battery replacement? I see no instructions on their wabsite.
Needed for long ride tomorrow in the high 30's.
Thanks
There's no pairing necessary. Just replace the batteries in the wireless remote.

Edit: The printed directions for Remote Heat-Troller Instructions states you never have to resync the controller to the receiver but if 30 minutes elapses with no power to the receiver the next time you connect the receiver to power it goes to 30% or to the level it was last at when the power went off to the receiver. In this case you have to turn the controller's heat knob to OFF then back ON to restore connection to the receiver.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
if 30 minutes elapses with no power to the receiver the next time you connect the receiver to power it goes to 30% or to the level it was last at when the power went off to the receiver.
Does this mean there's always some juice to the W&S rcvr when connected to the battery? Or when the Heat-Troller is turn off (which doesn't seem likely). The former sounds like a parasitic drain I haven't seen mention of when in the Off position. Maybe it's extremely low like the clock?

I'll never been in 27-36º weather but I've used my W&S in bone chilling 55º and was happy to have it. I'll file the remote power cycling note for future reference.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Does this mean there's always some juice to the W&S rcvr when connected to the battery? Or when the Heat-Troller is turn off (which doesn't seem likely). The former sounds like a parasitic drain I haven't seen mention of when in the Off position. Maybe it's extremely low like the clock?

I'll never been in 27-36º weather but I've used my W&S in bone chilling 55º and was happy to have it. I'll file the remote power cycling note for future reference.
It means that if you ride off and leave the remote at home and an hour later decide you need heat and plug the jacket (with wireless receiver inside) in the bike the jacket will go to at least 30% heat. Same if it’s the first ride in a year and the controller batteries are depleted. The remote should automatically synch if the jacket receiver has power but if it doesn’t then turn it to “0” and back up.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
This cleared up my confusion on the 30% bit:

Every time the Receiver is plugged to power, it will go to 1/3 power until you turn the Remote control on.

Everything fell into place after that.

Top Bottom