I’d like to meet riders in the Chicago area

Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Hi there,
I’m a new rider, got as my second bike a 1993 st1100. I’d like to meet with similar owners just to chat, compare bikes, maybe ride together, etc…
In particular, at the moment, I’m curious to compare engine noise level (does it get louder the older the engine gets?), and I’d like to see if other comparable bikes have an easier clutch lever pull. Mine seems stiff, having no way for gauging whether that’s normal, or not. Just had painful experience during traffic along I-94 yesterday.
Comment here or PM.
thanks.

Last edited:
Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Hi there,
I’m a new rider, got as my second bike a 1993 st1100. I’d like to meet with similar owners just to chat, compare bikes, maybe ride together, etc…
In particular, at the moment, I’m curious to compare engine noise level (does it get louder the older the engine gets?), and I’d like to see if other comparable bikes have an easier clutch lever pull. Mine seems stiff, having no way for gauging whether that’s normal, or not. Just had painful experience during traffic along I-94 yesterday.
Comment here or PM.
thanks.
Road noise.....
I rode our 1991 around for six years with the stock windscreen and noticed nothing (bought it eight years back last month). Two years back the windscreen began cracking between the screw holes so I replaced it with an aftermarket screen that was a full 2 inches taller. The noises alarmed me 'til I realized the taller screen was just amplifying existing noises...which changed with different road textures, and engine noises. It changed in nature again when I replaced the tires just a bit later. Road noise seems to tone down with increased speed. So I concluded my new windscreen height made it an excellent amplifier. This effect may be what you are experiencing.
Didn't notice from your earlier posts....what's the mileage on your bike?

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650
Road noise.....
I rode our 1991 around for six years with the stock windscreen and noticed nothing (bought it eight years back last month). Two years back the windscreen began cracking between the screw holes so I replaced it with an aftermarket screen that was a full 2 inches taller. The noises alarmed me 'til I realized the taller screen was just amplifying existing noises...which changed with different road textures, and engine noises. It changed in nature again when I replaced the tires just a bit later. Road noise seems to tone down with increased speed. So I concluded my new windscreen height made it an excellent amplifier. This effect may be what you are experiencing.
Didn't notice from your earlier posts....what's the mileage on your bike?
Interesting. I have 43,000 miles on my bike.
Thanks.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I live in St. Charles and have been in the group a while. Unfortunately, I have a couple of hairline fractures in my foot and can’t ride for a while. There are a few events in Wisconsin that are close (LocSTOC, WisSTOC, and the Fulton Dog Run). All done for this year but impromptu ride to eats pop up once in a while. Should I be able to ride again this season, maybe we can meet up. Ride safe.

Greg

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I live in St. Charles and have been in the group a while. Unfortunately, I have a couple of hairline fractures in my foot and can’t ride for a while. There are a few events in Wisconsin that are close (LocSTOC, WisSTOC, and the Fulton Dog Run). All done for this year but impromptu ride to eats pop up once in a while. Should I be able to ride again this season, maybe we can meet up. Ride safe.

Greg
Mmmmm - RTE at Portillos on Main in St Charles……

OP
OP
karuzo
Bike
Royal Enfield INT650

Greg
Get well Greg. Message me if you are able to ride. Would like to meet. Thanks.

Top Bottom