I’m too tall to see the turn signal lights on the dash so did this instead...

Bike
2003 ST1300
I’m 6’4 so my line of sight when riding the bike cuts off the turn signal lights at the top of the dash, leaving me to wonder if I have the turn signals on or not, or if I’ve left them on.

I picked up some of these yellow LED strips ( $15 ) and installed them quite deep in the mirror housings. This produces more of a glow from within the mirrors than a visible flash from the LED strip.

Here’s some video and pics attached of it in action ( in very low light environment ):

Very happy with this cheap and effective solution to my problem.

Attachments

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
It looks good from what I can see in the video and seems easier than putting individual LED's in the air holes on the stock mirror.

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I’m 6’4 so my line of sight when riding the bike cuts off the turn signal lights at the top of the dash, leaving me to wonder if I have the turn signals on or not, or if I’ve left them on.

I picked up some of these yellow LED strips ( $15 ) and installed them quite deep in the mirror housings. This produces more of a glow from within the mirrors than a visible flash from the LED strip.

Here’s some video and pics attached of it in action ( in very low light environment ):

Very happy with this cheap and effective solution to my problem.
Been doing them since 2014, 6'3" here.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Been doing them since 2014, 6'3" here.
These don't look like the side facing LED's though

OP
OP
HondaInTheSun
Bike
2003 ST1300
These don't look like the side facing LED's though
You’re right, the ones I used aren’t side facing and because of that give more of a glow ( when buried deeper in the mirror housing ) than a “flash”, which is what I was looking for. Both work, just personal preference. :)

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
You’re right, the ones I used aren’t side facing and because of that give more of a glow ( when buried deeper in the mirror housing ) than a “flash”, which is what I was looking for. Both work, just personal preference. :)
I think I may like the glow setup better.

I had looked at an st1300 a few weeks back for sale that had these on the mirrors.

1574180461412.png

About $3 on ebay.

OP
OP
HondaInTheSun
Bike
2003 ST1300
I think I may like the glow setup better.

I had looked at an st1300 a few weeks back for sale that had these on the mirrors.

1574180461412.png

About $3 on ebay.

Those are interesting too, not sure I'd want that blindspot in my mirror though. Lots of good options! :)

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
It looks like the newer bikes have forward facing lights in the mirror housings? My '04 doesn't...just plain blue plastic (I think, without running to the garage to confirm). I like the glow idea; PO had already installed single LEDs on mine, so that's what I have now.

Top Bottom