I can't believe I DROPPED it!

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Well, this isn't easy to admit, but here goes. I DROPPED MY ST TODAY!!!:(

There, I said it. STill don't feel good about it though!

I was leaving a local concenience STore, and the exit from the parking lot to the STreet is down hill, at a tricky off-camber angle. I got to the end of the exit, and STopped for traffic. Put my foot down, and because of the angle of the exit, misjudged it, and down she went. I couldn't STop it from going over no matter what I did. Of course, there were about 13,875,867,009 people (and 1 dog) around to witness it!

BOY IS SHE HEAVY :eek: (sorry honey!)!! Got it back up, shut off the ignition turned it back on, reSTarted it, and rode the 2 miles home. Upon exmination, the only damage (other than my blasted pride :eek::) was a scuffed-up wing tip and a scuffed up BigDawg tip-over bar. Thank (whoever you worship!) that I had BigDawg's bars, or else I'd probably be replacing a bag!

There. I admitted it. My ST's no longer priSTine! She now has some battle scars!

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Doug,

Sorry to hear you no longer belong in the "I kept it up" Club! :(

I'm sure Fred will be along at any moment to give you your newly earned TOA!

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Bummer Doug. At least you weren't hurt.

You picked it up by yourself? Dang, I 'd have called for a crane LOL

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Often you are so stunned that you just dropped your ride you pick it up before you notice it's heavy. DAMHIK:eek::

Hi,
Don't feel bad,,but you will feel Stuuuuupid,,,, Like i do everytime I lay it to rest.
Hey, if you don't tip it over for whatever the reason,,,A. you don't own enough bikes ,or B. you'r not riding enough.
That stuff happens,,I did it in Newfoundland, in front of a picture window of a full resturant!!!
STUuuuuupid!!!!!! I went somewhere else to eat,,,,......
Hondas' do survive that sort of thing in flying colors..Solid engineering.
have fun

Bike
2005 ST1300
AHHHH No biggie..
5 time veteran here...Nothing has been replaced and the only thing to show for the drops is a little plastic scuffed off the botton of the tip over wing cover which you can't even see.

The side bags (or mirrors) have never touched the ground.

Bike
ST 1300
Well, this isn't easy to admit, but here goes. I DROPPED MY ST TODAY!!!:(

There, I said it. STill don't feel good about it though!

I was leaving a local concenience STore, and the exit from the parking lot to the STreet is down hill, at a tricky off-camber angle. I got to the end of the exit, and STopped for traffic. Put my foot down, and because of the angle of the exit, misjudged it, and down she went. I couldn't STop it from going over no matter what I did. Of course, there were about 13,875,867,009 people (and 1 dog) around to witness it!

BOY IS SHE HEAVY :eek: (sorry honey!)!! Got it back up, shut off the ignition turned it back on, reSTarted it, and rode the 2 miles home. Upon exmination, the only damage (other than my blasted pride :eek::) was a scuffed-up wing tip and a scuffed up BigDawg tip-over bar. Thank (whoever you worship!) that I had BigDawg's bars, or else I'd probably be replacing a bag!

There. I admitted it. My ST's no longer priSTine! She now has some battle scars!
Sorry to hear about the drop Doug, but I'm glad the bars helped you out. Maybe, since you got it out of the way, you won't have to be testing them again ever, or at least for a very long time. Note: If you scuffed the bar, you can get some universal gloss black touch-up from any parts house and touch that spot up to make it look like new again.

Ride Safe,
bygdawg

Bike
Goldwing
OK, so it's no badge of honor, but like a new car, I no longer worry about that first ding! Mine was less than two weeks of getting the ST, and kinda early into a multi-State trip (no longer in my neighborhood). I went through the "who saw me" thought, then to what all is busted (only scraped the wing tip thingy), and then to "my shinbone smarts". Somehow the stands or peg clipped my left shin, when the ST went over on the starboard side?

Anyway, maybe that's behind me, as I have a better grasp of the weight and slow turns into a parking space now.:eek:::eek::)

OP
OP
OldBlue
Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
If you scuffed the bar, you can get some universal gloss black touch-up from any parts house and touch that spot up to make it look like new again.
Already done! The wing is scuffed on the bottom. The only ones that'll see it, are the ants! Thanks for making these! I know they just saved me a bunch of greenbacks!

Battle Scars !!!

A clean bike is a garage bike. Who wants one of those ?
A clean bike is somebody taking care of it. :)
Well Gruuvy, my VTX was a "garage" bike! I found myself cleaning it more than riding it! Exactly the opposite with my ST, but I do wash it every couple of weeks. Still want it to look good, but I don't spend hours polishing the chrome forest!

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
My bike gets washed everytime it rains! And I feel your pain my 2 year old rolled a ball towards me when i was backing the bike up and down I went, all I could hear is "D-A-D P-L-A-Y B-A-W-W-W"

Top Bottom