I continue to hang

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Quick question,,,(pardon my ignorance, but have never studied how a hammock is made, or set up) How do you stay dry in a rainstorm where the rain is coming in hard sideways? I know you have a fly over the hammock....

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Quick question,,,(pardon my ignorance, but have never studied how a hammock is made, or set up) How do you stay dry in a rainstorm where the rain is coming in hard sideways? I know you have a fly over the hammock....
The fly sheet is often lower than the hammock, such that there's a bit more privacy.
For the smaller flies (not the insects) that don't come down low enough, aftermarket flies / tarps / shelters can be purchased that are large enough to provide that extra length. Some hammocks include a cover, and many also have mosquito / bug netting which covers top and sides of the hammock.
Many setups use a hammock and some other covering, as not all hammocks come with a tent / tarp to cover them. That concept seems to be a more recent offering.
Cruising the info-hiway, you can find many, many different options. And many different prices.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I have been in some really bad storms and have never gotten wet inside. The fly is large enough to shield you from the elements. I also have a gear hammock underneath the main hammock to store my riding gear which keeps my gear protected from the elements.

Reactions: Tor
Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I have a real serious concern- how do you pee in a Gatorade bottle standing up in that thing while intoxicated ?

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I peed once while laying down- my wife will never stop reminding me
Somehow I think she would also remind you of other things you did in your life, that you’d rather forget……. ;). Valentine’s Day, do something special…put the lid down after you’re done. ;)

Top Bottom