I Gained A Whole New Perspective

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
The last few years have presented me with several major life changes. I'll spare you the details, though a few of you probably know more than you wished ;), but I'd like to share a couple of the most recent. In November of last year, I got lucky enough to get a second woman to take my last name. While we dated, she told me she'd like riding motorcycles, but I took the comment with a grain of salt...as we were in the courting/pleasing stage of the relationship. Turns out, she was shooting straight with me...something I wasn't used to. Though she's ridden on the back of my '02 ST without complaint, I knew she'd like a little more comfort. So, weekend before last, I started searching the web for GL1800s. I found a really well-equipped low-mileage '12 model in Savannah, GA, and showed it to her...she said "why don't you get it?!?" I contacted the seller with an offer...he accepted. We left Saturday evening at 6 p.m. and arrived back home at 8:30 p.m., covering 1100 mi. (nice number) in under 27 hrs.

GL1800.jpg

I'm currently removing a lot of the bling. ;) I've been riding an ST1100 for over 14 yrs, but suppose I'll put the '02 ABSII/TCS up for sale. I don't plan to quit the forum, as I've only found one or two of you that couldn't stand to be around. :rofl1:

John

P.S. - She's a keeper. :)

Last edited:

v8-7

Site Supporter
Congrats John, but I'd get some miles on the Girls before selling off your 02 ..

If she's like my wife, the idea of riding surpassed the reality ..

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
John nice to here that life is turning around for you. Next time in Fayette Al visiting friends, I hope we can have lunch. congratulations on your marriage and the wing.
Lyle

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Congratulations on your great find, John!! I went through the high-maintenance, shallow phase but caught myself before making a critical error.
Found a techie, ten years younger than myself who loves to ride. I keep her in the latest audio and computer developments, and she supports my bike habits. Even bought a restorable CB360 at a garage sale....she remembered the conditions to avoid and did well.
A contrasting tale of woe....neighbor across the street was a hunter/fisherman and went with his buddies for long weekend trips frequently. One trip, he returned home to find it cleaned out, totally, nothing left but the carpet and fixtures, even the inside walls had been painted. This was obviously well planned exit.
Younger guys....do your decision making relative to relationships with the proper head (on straight, of course). Choose wisely. There are matches for most everyone out there.....somewhere.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm glad the bike was all the seller said it was. Welcome to Wing World!

OP
OP
J. Fitzgerald
Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
John nice to here that life is turning around for you. Next time in Fayette Al visiting friends, I hope we can have lunch. congratulations on your marriage and the wing.
Lyle
Thanks, Lyle. Just let me know the next time you're in Alabama, and we'll make it happen.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Congrats John, but I'd get some miles on the Girls before selling off your 02 ..

If she's like my wife, the idea of riding surpassed the reality ..
John
it has been awhile, congrats on both. My wife of 9 years my junior wanted to ride on the back too. Now as of two weeks ago she is on her fourth motorcycle in six years. She must be trying to catch me.

After several years of being a pillion she asked me on day if I always wanted her on the back? Odd question and later that year she went through MSF, got her endorsement and bought her first first bike. Now like I said she is on number 4. Not that I minded her on the back but now I always have a riding buddy.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
The last few years have presented me with several major life changes. I'll spare you the details, though a few of you probably know more than you wished ;), but I'd like to share a couple of the most recent. In November of last year, I got lucky enough to get a second woman to take my last name. While we dated, she told me she'd like riding motorcycles, but I took the comment with a grain of salt...as we were in the courting/pleasing stage of the relationship. Turns out, she was shooting straight with me...something I wasn't used to. Though she's ridden on the back of my '02 ST without complaint, I knew she'd like a little more comfort. So, weekend before last, I started searching the web for GL1800s. I found a really well-equipped low-mileage '12 model in Savannah, GA, and showed it to her...she said "why don't you get it?!?" I contacted the seller with an offer...he accepted. We left Saturday evening at 6 p.m. and arrived back home at 8:30 p.m., covering 1100 mi. (nice number) in under 27 hrs.

GL1800.jpg

I'm currently removing a lot of the bling. ;) I've been riding an ST1100 for over 14 yrs, but suppose I'll put the '02 ABSII/TCS up for sale. I don't plan to quit the forum, as I've only found one or two of you that couldn't stand to be around. :rofl1:

John

P.S. - She's a keeper. :)
Great news John, sure can relate to your story.. Enjoy your rides with the new Mrs..

Top Bottom