I have no clutch

Bike
2004 ST1300 Police
Hello

I left my 2006 St 1300 garaged for a year. When I came back the break fluid in the clutch reservoir was all leaked out. I filled it full and now I have no clutch. Does it need to be blead? Do I need a new reservoir? Thank you. The bike starts up fine.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
The only place the clutch fluid can go is out of a seal on the slave cylinder. You can bleed the clutch but unless the root cause is fixed, you will be back in the same place soon.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
As said, you'll need to attempt to flush/bleed your fluid to remove any air you allowed in the system.
However, your clutch slave cylinder is probably toast, and will probably need to be replaced before your bike is rideable again.
Search the article section for information on how to replace it.
:WCP1:

Bike
2010 ST1300
It is unlikely you need a new reservoir, though if the leak happened there, it might be time to rebuild it. Whatever allowed the leak will have to be repaired or replaced. It would be a good idea to bleed the brakes at the same time, and perhaps flush the cooling system and replace the anti freeze. I would guess your bike has not seen a lot of preventative maintenance.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
As has been said more than once already, you need to find out how the clutch fluid escaped, and fix that.
Otherwise it will escape again.
It's sneaky that way...

Top Bottom