I need a new camera -- seeking wisdom

A while back I was going through some old photos, pictures of my grandmother at her wedding in 1921, for instance, the pictures looked as clear and as crisp as if they had been taken yesterday.
It got me thinking.
How is it that I can look at pictures taken on a film camera that are over a hundred years old when I can´t recall pictures taken only five years ago and stored on a digital medium. So here is me thinking that with a film camera I can have pictures that maybe my great grandkids in 2121 will look at and wonder who that strange looking man was on these old pictures. So for my sixtieth, seeing that you can still get Kodak Ektachrome and Illford 35mm films, I got a Canon EOS 650 analog camera, with a full set of lenses, flash, filters and what not for 160Euros.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
+1 on the Olympus Tough TG-6. I have the older TG-4 model and have been very happy with it. I carry it on a lanyard around my necxk while riding.

I recommend a camera that you can use one handed with gloves. Waterproof and shock proof with no external moving parts.

On long trips, I also carry an Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II DSLR.

This is a good guide to waterproof cameras.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've used Olympus Stylus 780s for years and wear one around my neck on a lanyard.
They do use the XD card and the Olympus batteries but plenty of after market versions out there for both.
I pick them up on EBay pretty cheaply.
They have a decent shutter speed so if you shoot forward you get a good shot.
Off to the side, not so much.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
+1 on the Olympus Tough TG-6. I have the older TG-4 model and have been very happy with it. I carry it on a lanyard around my necxk while riding.

I recommend a camera that you can use one handed with gloves. Waterproof and shock proof with no external moving parts.

On long trips, I also carry an Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II DSLR.

This is a good guide to waterproof cameras.
^^^^^ What Andy Said

Bike
2014 CTX1300a
For rally's I am using a Nikon S33 waterproof shockproof but does not use aa batteries. I carry a spare and you can charge it in the camera with the supplied cable.

Bike
'06 ST 1300
STOC #
Did a bit of digging and the my camera came in #3 for a waterproof camera for 2021
i bought a nikon w300 a few years go but only used it a few times. i loaned it to my sister and she lost it somewhere in spain, i've beem too lazy and cheap to replace it

Top Bottom