I need the specs on our front rotors, found an offshore mfg...

STOC #
I needed a new boot over the CV joint on my Subaru Forester. I bought the boot and went to my favorite mechanic to have it put on since it requires an alignment after you're done. He told me that once a boot is torn like that, they recommend changing the whole driveshaft as they aren't very expensive. He was right as the shaft assembly was around $60 his cost. He put it on and within one mile I felt the roughness and told him the Made in China part was no good. He drove the car again and agreed to exchange it. I told him to regrease the original and install the new boot I still had in the back seat. That was 35k ago and the original is humming along just fine. You are going to find most replacement car parts are made in the People's Republic of China and are of inferior quality materials and/or lack post production quality inspections. The original brake discs on the car were warped so I ordered a set of drilled and slotted replacements on Ebay. They take a little more pedal effort but they stop okay and aren't warping. They are Chinese too.

Top Bottom