IBA Jacksonville party...Who's coming this year?

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
The Sunpass site is pretty good and has a list of retailers where you can pick one up as well as a toll calculator. Without the exact route, its just a guess but I picked a starting point in Ft Lauderdale and an ending one in orlando and the total cost was under $15. I don't remember if there are other toll roads on the route but, you can link a bank account to the sunpass just like ezpass so it will reload itself if it reaches the low balance that you select.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Plane Crazy route is out officially, looks like a great ride. You can definitely tell there is a different ride master this year, the route sheets look like something straight out of a rally! Also a couple opportunities to screw up where they want pictures of some of the plaques on the planes and not the planes themselves. I think they would still give you the certificate if you took a pic of the plane but I'm not taking any chances. Other than one plane that apparently is visible from the interstate... Ride sheet says you will be diqualified if you take that pic from the interstate due to the dangers in doing so. This is going to be much better than just taking pictures of airports, as I originally speculated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Looks like my reading comprehension is a bit off... The bonus photos are supposed to be the plane unless the pic would be too dark or the park is closed then they offer an alternate location for a pic, either a plaque or a sign.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Plane Crazy route is out officially, looks like a great ride. You can definitely tell there is a different ride master this year, the route sheets look like something straight out of a rally! Also a couple opportunities to screw up where they want pictures of some of the plaques on the planes and not the planes themselves. I think they would still give you the certificate if you took a pic of the plane but I'm not taking any chances. Other than one plane that apparently is visible from the interstate... Ride sheet says you will be diqualified if you take that pic from the interstate due to the dangers in doing so. This is going to be much better than just taking pictures of airports, as I originally speculated.
23hr 11min ride time. Leaves about 49 minutes for me to stop about 15 times. What could go wrong with that much buffer? LOL

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I think it sounds worse than it really is. 23:11 is posted speed limit time not the actual speed most of us travel at. This will be my third BBG in this format and I made some pretty big mistakes on the last two (especially the last one). Between wrong routes in the GPS, closed interstate bridges, and getting completely turned around in a cobblestone street bar district in St. Louis (that I never should've been in) I thought I was toast but I made it. Had like ten minutes to spare. The mileage on that one was higher as well. The biggest saving grace on this ride is the last point is Ft Lauderdale then it's just a straight shot up either 95 or the turnpike which are both pretty fast roads that make it easier to make up time if you have to.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I'm looking forward to it. I do plan to scout out some fuel stops though, something I rarely do.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I'm looking forward to it. I do plan to scout out some fuel stops though, something I rarely do.
I scoped out the aerial view of the stops and the 1st one, the rocket, is pretty much in the parking lot of a gas station. I think even without aux fuel, you can make it to the mandatory fuel stop in Macon though.

Last edited:
Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I scoped out the aerial view of the stops and the 1st one, the rocket, is pretty much in the parking lot of a gas station. I think even without aux fuel, you can make it to the mandatory fuel stop in Macon though.
That would be ideal. Waiting to hear more about that Macon stop.

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I'm not sure what the big deal is about Macon that everybody seems to be sweating about. I'm sure as long as you have a computer generated receipt that says "Macon GA, 3-11-2016" on it, they will be happy with it. I found a BP right off 75 that looks good to me.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I'm not sure what the big deal is about Macon that everybody seems to be sweating about. I'm sure as long as you have a computer generated receipt that says "Macon GA, 3-11-2016" on it, they will be happy with it. I found a BP right off 75 that looks good to me.
I'm thinking they are just going to make it easier on us by providing coordinates of a known station that provides a good receipt.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Darn close - 278 miles to Macon. Normally I'd say yes, but in BBG mode??

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Just started playing with my route in Basecamp... Its got me finishing at 5:15. Thats going 75 on the interstates with 10 minutes allotted at every picture and fuel stop. I can usually do a fuel stop that fast and I hope to make up some time at the pictures. I have 4 fuel stops planned, including the mandatory one in Macon. I could probably rearrange the fuel to cut out the last one but that has me really pushing my bikes range at BBG pace.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Just started playing with my route in Basecamp... Its got me finishing at 5:15. Thats going 75 on the interstates with 10 minutes allotted at every picture and fuel stop. I can usually do a fuel stop that fast and I hope to make up some time at the pictures. I have 4 fuel stops planned, including the mandatory one in Macon. I could probably rearrange the fuel to cut out the last one but that has me really pushing my bikes range at BBG pace.
Only receipts we need are Macon, Ga and Ending receipt?

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
If you start with the group at 5:45 then you just need the Macon and ending receipt. If you decide to leave later, then you need a starting receipt in addition to the other two. I'm actually considering that option and leaving an hour later, because my route has me hitting Tampa at 6:15pm. I don't know what Tampa traffic is like but I can't imagine it's too good. Seems like maybe hitting it at 7:15pm may be a better plan...

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
If you start with the group at 5:45 then you just need the Macon and ending receipt. If you decide to leave later, then you need a starting receipt in addition to the other two. I'm actually considering that option and leaving an hour later, because my route has me hitting Tampa at 6:15pm. I don't know what Tampa traffic is like but I can't imagine it's too good. Seems like maybe hitting it at 7:15pm may be a better plan...
And not have to deal with a bunch of other riders at the first couple stops. How many riders attempted the BBG last year?

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
And not have to deal with a bunch of other riders at the first couple stops. How many riders attempted the BBG last year?
I just checked the records page and 25 Riders were awarded the Full Court 1500 Gold certificate. There were always a couple riders with me at every stop but I only remember the first one being especially crowded.

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
I just checked the records page and 25 Riders were awarded the Full Court 1500 Gold certificate. There were always a couple riders with me at every stop but I only remember the first one being especially crowded.
wow, I don't recall that many certificates being awarded at the comedy club that night. I must have been at the bar, LOL

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
wow, I don't recall that many certificates being awarded at the comedy club that night. I must have been at the bar, LOL
i don't either, I just remember Lisa calling my bike a 1998 ST1300. I apparently have the rarest ST in the world!

OP
OP
Slasher
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Got my spotwalla working again and joined the 2016 JAX party page. Finally feel like I'm somebody... It ain't the IBR but it's a start!

Bike
2016 FJR
STOC #
Got my spotwalla working again and joined the 2016 JAX party page. Finally feel like I'm somebody... It ain't the IBR but it's a start!
Funny you mention. Today is the day my SPOT is due for renewal. Hoping to find a discount code that provides free tracking like I have the past 2 years.

Top Bottom