If you see my ST

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
That is a very distinct 1100... should be easy to spot by those of us who know the ST line... Hope you get it back in one piece.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
That bites Ralph! You did a nice job on that.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
This brings up an interesting topic - motorcycle alarms. I don't see a forum section for this. I've never thought of the ST's as prime theft material, as it seems that's more of a Harley or crotch rocket issue. So how many here have installed alarm systems on their ST's?

Maybe we could set up a thread for this topic.

OP
OP
BuddingGeezer
Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
This brings up an interesting topic - motorcycle alarms. I don't see a forum section for this. I've never thought of the ST's as prime theft material, as it seems that's more of a Harley or crotch rocket issue. So how many here have installed alarm systems on their ST's?

Maybe we could set up a thread for this topic.
I would never in a million years think anyone would steal this bike. Maybe a joyrider that saw it parked withe the key in it. Not going through a gate into a backyard enclosed building and it wasn't easy to get out of the back. I later found that the thief/thieves tried to hot wire my '93 Mazda Miata. My home is surrounded by trees and she saw a man walking through the trees to his truck. I think someone scouted the bike out and thought it was a BMW or some exotic high dollar bike as it did look good and very different. there was not a Honda badge on the bike anywhere. Many people would ask me what it was. I figure the bike is going to a chop shop and boy are they going to be mad when they find the parts are worth very little.

yes, Fali I did make that statement in the context of riding back from Ferrystoc a couple of years ago, stopping at a gas station 120 miles from home thinking that if someone jumped on it my wife would have to come get me and I could make the last 120 miles in the car:)

The bike was worth more to me than I could sell it for or insurance would pay, because I built it like I wanted it and there is not another exactly like it on the planet. heck I think Honda saw a picture of mine and then designed the CTX.

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Sorry about your bike.
Hope you had good coverage on it and get a good replacement.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Ralph - Sorry to hear about it. If the thieves ever figure out what they have, they'll be like a dog chasing car - once they 'catch it', they won't know what to do with it.
But what they are almost certain to NOT do is return it to the rightful owner. :mad:

OP
OP
BuddingGeezer
Bike
1991 ST1100
STOC #
Bike was found 35 miles away in Sherwood Ar. Right side case scratched and right side panel has a 6" tear which I believe was damaged from towing company. Easy to fix. The license plate, registration, insurance cards and keys were missing along with the tool kit. local police called and the plate, registration and insurance card was found in the person they think stole the bike driveway, so I have them. The plate is SD623 and red marker used to change to 688. Bike had been ridden 146 miles. Not to bad of shape for a stolen bike.

I still believe and so do the police I had been scouted and the perp figured he had an expensive bike. I believe he found out he had a non movable/marketable bike without the title and no market for parts and abandoned it on the road.

When rolling the bike down the ramp off the trailer it fell over half way down. I was able to keep the bike from falling off the ramp and righted it. The bars twisted in the clamps from holding and picking the bike straight. I was by myself and didn't want it to hit the ground upside down. I'm feeling the strain, but it'll feel better when it quits hurtin'. I think if it had weighed a pound more it would have hit the ground. this old man was maxed out.

Bike
'08 ST1300
--glad you got her back in the barn;

--did they catch the thief? they used to hang horse thieves you know; just sayin.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Doesn't sound like much damage at all.
Considering the thief could have really driven it like he stole it maybe the tow company did more damage? How did he start it? Any damage to the ignition switch or wiring?

Top Bottom