Im leaving boston

but that's early May, and depending on where he is in the park he's at almost 3000ft elevation. In the heat of the summer overnight lows in the desert at lower elevations are around 90F, and sometimes in Death Valley closer to 100F.

You have been progressively dehydrating, you have not noticed it happening. Everyday you drink, but not enough to replenish what you are losing. Find a CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, Wal-Mart, etc. Go to the infant/baby department. You are looking for "Pedialyte" or any other product intended to keep infants/babies hydrated. Mix it 50/50 with water, and drink at least a gallon, preferably two, over the next 24hrs. This is in addition to normal eating and drinking. You don't want gatorade/powerade, etc. The commercial drinks have way too much sugar. The electrolyte replacement stuff for kids has what you need. You will feel much better. AMHIK....

RT

You have been progressively dehydrating, you have not noticed it happening. Everyday you drink, but not enough to replenish what you are losing. Find a CVS, Walgreens, RiteAid, Wal-Mart, etc. Go to the infant/baby department. You are looking for "Pedialyte" or any other product intended to keep infants/babies hydrated. Mix it 50/50 with water, and drink at least a gallon, preferably two, over the next 24hrs. This is in addition to normal eating and drinking. You don't want gatorade/powerade, etc. The commercial drinks have way too much sugar. The electrolyte replacement stuff for kids has what you need. You will feel much better. AMHIK....

RT
1620319373788.png
it now comes flavored but it still takes some getting used to.

RT
U crack me up. My kids bartend and they said the exact same thing! And, yes, im gonna see about a bottle. Im sitting here in the shade thinking about a short ride today. Gotta get ready for a spin to zion via vegas. So, i see me in the heat tomorrow.
Thank you!

yeah, you've been riding in high elevations and deserts, both of which are much drier than what you're used to in Boston. You dehydrate much faster in those environments, and probably didn't notice it gradually happening.

U crack me up. My kids bartend and they said the exact same thing! And, yes, im gonna see about a bottle. Im sitting here in the shade thinking about a short ride today. Gotta get ready for a spin to zion via vegas. So, i see me in the heat tomorrow.
Thank you!
I think they are calling you a !

Thank you!

The reason they know is this also works spectacularly well for hangovers. Not fond of the taste of the stuff, but it works pissah!

RT

Talk about happiness! I looked in the shower and saw only one knob. Nuts, a cold shower! Well, i was soooo wrong! Nice and warm, and a great place to hank out in! Im going to take a little ride, but not far. Heading out in the morning thru the mojave and id like to suck as much of this in as i can. Also, the road coming in is wicked dangerous with deep sand. 86BD9FEC-658E-4113-8A4F-9B54827A4322.jpegD20044B2-D22D-4533-8017-A3FBD4BF1B69.jpeg

So, Micheal...

Couple more stars than in Boston ? ;)

It is something, isn't it ? For some, it's almost a religious experience.

I've been an amateur astronomer, since my youngest years.

Enjoy.
Its two thirty in the morning and im staring at the stars. They look creamy because there r so many. Been looking for exactly this as i traveled the country. This spot is better than joshua tree by far, except the road coming in! Leaving tomorrow for zion, which means more desert and a possible stay in vegas. Im not looking too forward to that after being here.

So, one of the things I am really enjoying about this thread is how clearly Michael's adventure is not only a great experience for him, but it's also helping @ChriSTian_64 re-live what was obviously a high point for him, more than a decade ago. That add some "special sauce" to an already great thread.

It is something, isn't it ? For some, it's almost a religious experience.
Enjoy.

The sky here on the Bruce Peninsula is like that, we are far enough from any light sources to allow the beauty from above.
I’m sure there are many who come and never look up!
It’s a darn shame really, you are correct, there really is nothing like it!
:rolleyes:

So, one of the things I am really enjoying about this thread is how clearly Michael's adventure is not only a great experience for him, but it's also helping @ChriSTian_64 re-live what was obviously a high point for him, more than a decade ago. That add some "special sauce" to an already great thread.
I have to confess that im doing this for selfish reasons. Because i enjoy it is all. But, im thrilled that others enjoy it. Thanks for coming along on my little ride about!

Back
Top Bottom