OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
All the great, iconic musicians are disappearing.
How many 'stars' of today will last 40-50 years???
Interesting question.
For one thing, you're right... today there are more "stars" than actual musicians, at least as we used to know musicians.
If someone such as Blondie / TayTay / Taylor Swift can become a billionaire in a few short years, do they really want to last 40-50 years? I mean, as in working for that long?
Paul McCartney had to last this long because baby seals are still being killed, and some people still eat beef, too.
Keith Richards had to last this long to pay off all his bar tabs and drug habit debt. (kidding. I think.)

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Interesting question.
For one thing, you're right... today there are more "stars" than actual musicians, at least as we used to know musicians.
If someone such as Blondie / TayTay / Taylor Swift can become a billionaire in a few short years, do they really want to last 40-50 years? I mean, as in working for that long?
Paul McCartney had to last this long because baby seals are still being killed, and some people still eat beef, too.
Keith Richards had to last this long to pay off all his bar tabs and drug habit debt. (kidding. I think.)
I like much of the modern musicians. None of them grab my heart like aging crowd. I certainly like and remember the tunes, but the lyrics just seem meaningless and I don't remember the vocals for very long. I'm starting to understand my grandfather's blank stare the first time he heard the Beatles on his radio.

OP
OP
Sadlsor

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
To be fair, there ARE some talented young musicians appearing today, but I suppose it's our nature to have an affinity for the music we grew up with.

I know my parents, and their parents, felt the same. But a lot of today's "music" does not move me the way Dickey's soaring, and lyrical guitar solos did ...and still do.

Jessica.
Li'l Martha
Blue Sky
Ramblin' Man and so many more

scootac

Will Ride for Food
To be fair, there ARE some talented young musicians appearing today,....
Talent....maybe.
But.....the staying power to last 30, 40, 50 years or more???
As was pointed out though....probably don't need to with the $$$$$ they are making now. Why kill yourself, just in and out in a few years. Let the royalties roll in.

Top Bottom