Im skeptic

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I used a version similar to that called a Go Cruise for many years. It’s like half a cruise control in that it sets a throttle setting for a minimum floor speed instead of one throttle setting like a friction lock does. It’s not a real cruise control but it’s way better than those ones that just hold one throttle setting.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I used a version similar to that called a Go Cruise for many years. It’s like half a cruise control in that it sets a throttle setting for a minimum floor speed instead of one throttle setting like a friction lock does. It’s not a real cruise control but it’s way better than those ones that just hold one throttle setting.
I've been using the Go Cruise also for years. No issues. And I never feel a need for a cruise control with it.

Chris

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
I tried a Go Cruise and I could never get it to stop slipping. Even on a flat straight miles long stretch I would set it for say 65 and it would slowly lose speed. No matter how tight I tightened the adjusting screw. That was with the grips that come with the Oxford heated grips. Maybe it works better with stock grips???? I gave it to a buddy.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Til you get in some hilly/mountainous areas ... :biggrin:
I carry a GO cruise just in case my MCCruise was to die.
I also carry the yellow Caterpillar O-Ring as extra backup.
Well, I did cross the Rockies with it once and about 25 trips to the Smokies, but whose counting?

It's no cruise control for sure.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, I did cross the Rockies with it once and about 25 trips to the Smokies, but whose counting?

It's no cruise control for sure.
Didn't say you couldn't - but it ain't the same as cruise control for sure. ;)
I rode for years without cruise controls/throttle locks until a couple of elbow surgeries and some wrist surgeries.
I installed my first one after an elbow surgery cause I knew I couldn't make the trip without one - and I didn't want to miss the trip! :biggrin:

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Didn't say you couldn't - but it ain't the same as cruise control for sure. ;)
I rode for years without cruise controls/throttle locks until a couple of elbow surgeries and some wrist surgeries.
I installed my first one after an elbow surgery cause I knew I couldn't make the trip without one - and I didn't want to miss the trip! :biggrin:
Well, you said it doesn't work well in hilly or mountainous terrain and that's not entirely true. It does work and a works a lot better than a simple friction lock that must be constantly adjusted with the wrist. If I wasn't clear that was the point I was making.

I feel for your bones and joints, I really do, but that's getting off topic ;)

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
That looks dangerous.
Not a bit. And a lot cheaper than an actual cruise control. Most of us know the difference between a throttle lock and an actual cruise control as well as the general price delta. So you make a conscious decision as to which one you want.

The Go Cruise works well for me. Very intuitive with next to no learning curve. dduelin's point about using it up hill was something I never appreciated though I did it without even realizing it.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, you said it doesn't work well in hilly or mountainous terrain and that's not entirely true. It does work and a works a lot better than a simple friction lock that must be constantly adjusted with the wrist. If I wasn't clear that was the point I was making.

I feel for your bones and joints, I really do, but that's getting off topic ;)
Yes sir, Mr. Wizard ....

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Well I've had Cramp Buster, Vista Cruise, Throttlemeister and now a GO Cruise on my bikes over the years (GO Cruise is on my 1300 along with a Cramp Buster).

By far my favorite has been the Throttlemeister. The only scenario where the GO Cruise meets expectations for me is a lazy empty road where a single throttle setting works. Maybe on a freeway with light traffic where I'm only accelerating to overtake a cage and then 'back to our previously scheduled programming.' But more often than not I need to roll off the throttle as I engage traffic and that where the GO Cruise sucks big. Readjusting to a higher set speed is always done from an over-throttle setting (too fast) from which I gradually roll off to return to my desired setting.

I have no problem using my wrist to overcome the Throttlemeister so slow down and then speed back up as needed.

But that said, I think I am going to go the MC Cruise route before the end of the season. I really need the pushbutton assist too. And I've earned it!

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
But more often than not I need to roll off the throttle as I engage traffic and that where the GO Cruise sucks big.
I can't begin to imagine how it sucks. It works perfectly in that regard for me. My guess is you have it adjusted too tight. Rolling off the throttle is only slightly stiffer for me. The few times I've needed to slow quickly while grabbing a little front brake the G-C was rolled off without conscious thought. But we like what we like.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
It's not the stiffness of the GO Cruise that makes it suck IMO, it's that when I roll the throttle back on I have to set it again. Which is a somewhat awkward thing to do with your throttle hand - grip it, roll on while simultaneously using your index finger to roll the GO Cruise forward into position. Not the most natural action. With the Throttlemeister I just roll it back on, release and it stays.

Top Bottom