Info on trailers.

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
For the ST. I know, travel light, make a pile, then get rid of half of it. Well, I have enough stuff that I need a trailer.A SMALL trailer, I I do need a trailer. I took a 32 ft motorhome across country and I didn't have enough room. I would like to pack a nice cot, stove, cooking ware, clothes and leave the bike as light as possible so when I set up camp, I can unhook the trailer and take off for the day without dragging all that along. I saw the Unigo but I don't like the idea of one wheel and the bike frame holding it all steady. I have searched, and found $3-4k is a little too much for a trailer.

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
Budget?
Piggy Backer

I have an older Bushtec that I picked up for a reasonable price . Got a zillion miles on it now but STill follows me on command.

Wing boards are good sources.

Go to Moto campers and nose around.

STOC #
dond said:
Budget?
Piggy Backer

I have an older Bushtec that I picked up for a reasonable price . Got a zillion miles on it now but STill follows me on command.

Wing boards are good sources.

Go to Moto campers and nose around.
Ditto on an old (smaller) Bushtec. I pulled one for several years with my 1100.

Attachments

Bike
ST 1300
I saw a thing at the Honda Hoot that attched to the back that looked kind of like a golf club holder. I can't recall what it was called, but if I come across it, I'll be sure to post the link.

RodSTer

former username rschween
Bike
2013 R1200GSA
STOC #
I know you say no to the Uni Go, but I have one and love it. Allows your Sport Tourer to remain a Sport Tourer. Have a look at one close up, better yet take one for a ride and I think you'll change your mind.

Just my 2 cents, not associated with Uni Go etc....

Rod

OP
OP
100MPG

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
rschween said:
I know you say no to the Uni Go, but I have one and love it. Allows your Sport Tourer to remain a Sport Tourer. Have a look at one close up, better yet take one for a ride and I think you'll change your mind.

Just my 2 cents, not associated with Uni Go etc....

Rod
I did take a second and third look at them. Pretty neat trailers but $2,770.00 (just priced it out with harness, and hitch) is too steep for me. It would be enough space for my stuff. I watched the video and they rolled it right into the room with them! Great selling point for me, maybe I can find one used, in someone garage that forgot they own one? :rolleyes:

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
GL1800Riders.com reports that Uni-Go is No-Mo.

Deposits refunded, no trailers have been completed. 2nd hand info. :|

Cut from the GL board.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"i decided to give the new ownership at unigo a try revently

i liked the idea and the looks of their product, even though so many folks were smacking them around, the new ownership claimed to ahev their act together

i placed an order and was promised a 5-6 week ship , well then it became an 8 week ship, and then after the 8 weeks, it became.....

i just got the deposit back on my bank card this morning

all i can say is, from my experience, they have their head in their butts

i was another customer who wanted their item, and was willing to fork over the cash, and they couldnt get their part taken care of

two thumbs down for UNI-NO-G0"
===================
shame really, neat little trailer.
This is a Sept 2006 post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
100MPG

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
I wonder why they closed down.

Quote from http://www.dealsgapunigo.com/

Important Notice - posted 24-feb-2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deal's Gap Uni-go is no longer taking orders for Uni-Go trailers, hitches, parts or accessories. The New Zealand based manufacturer of Uni-Go have closed their manufacturing facility and they are currently negotiating with prospective US based buyers with the intent of continuing production of Uni-Go within the US. It is unknown at this time if the new company will use the existing dealer network, establish one of their own, or simply deal direct with the end customer. At this time it is expected that production will resume in the summer of 2005, and orders will be accepted at that time. If you would like to be kept informed of the purchase, just click here to add your name to the list

I would like to personally thank all of the motorcyclists that have purchased

RodSTer

former username rschween
Bike
2013 R1200GSA
STOC #
I know, the price scared me off at first too. The I went to the BMW rally in Spokane a couple years back "Honest honey, just to have a look!" Well I get in there and of course they have a color match to my '04 and the rest is history. Mine was still made in NZ, I know there have been a number of issues with moving production to the states, too bad, I really like mine!

Rod

OP
OP
100MPG

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
rschween said:
I know, the price scared me off at first too. The I went to the BMW rally in Spokane a couple years back "Honest honey, just to have a look!" Well I get in there and of course they have a color match to my '04 and the rest is history. Mine was still made in NZ, I know there have been a number of issues with moving production to the states, too bad, I really like mine!

Rod
I am getting weaker.... :shock:

So what can you tell me about it? I have read about some concerns people have with crosswinds. It is low enough, but it is how it pulls on the bike due to the mount. How is that one little wheel in the back? It is 10" (?) so it spins alot faster at 70 then the ST tires. I re-spec'ed it and it came out to $3020 :(
I had forgot to add the paint matching charge. Even if I add 3k to the price of the bike it is still cheaper then a wing!

Bike
'06 ST1300A
I have a Bushtec Turbo+2, and absolutely love it. The "Allows your Sport Tourer to remain a Sport Tourer" comment, which seems to impute such a fine characteristic to only the Uni-Go trailer, is off the mark. The Heim joint (?) on the Bushtec hitch gives full motion, regardless of the gyrations of the road and bike as we roll merrily along. Yes, you can even crash the bike while hauling the trailer, and the trailer has no effect on the crash. DAMHIKT :twist1:

I have hauled along twisting New England roads decidedly on the sport side of the equation, pulling the trailer with my son on the back of the bike. A good handling trailer (i.e., Bushtec or Uni-Go) is a joy, except for parking. 'Tis, compared to a solo bike, a pain in the keester.

Incidentally, I'd recommend that, if you plan on going two-up, that you get a larger trailer than the Uni-Go. And the BIGGEST tent you can put up by yourself. You'll appreciate the extra room. :tent6:

OP
OP
100MPG

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
Burger said:
Not that all the manufacturers still exist and I'm sure some new ones will have been launched, but the following post might help you.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2021

There are a few posts in the main farkles forum regarding pull behind trailers.

Regards,
The complete list of trailers! Thanks for the link, I went to every website and a few trailers caught my attention. The uni go is the lightest at 70lbs but there are a few other that weigh in at about 125-140lbs. Light weight is is at the top of my list as a priority. Thanks again.

Bike
Aprilia Atlantic 200
STOC #
Nevada said:
I have a Bushtec Turbo+2, and absolutely love it. The "Allows your Sport Tourer to remain a Sport Tourer" comment, which seems to impute such a fine characteristic to only the Uni-Go trailer, is off the mark. The Heim joint (?) on the Bushtec hitch gives full motion, regardless of the gyrations of the road and bike as we roll merrily along. Yes, you can even crash the bike while hauling the trailer, and the trailer has no effect on the crash. DAMHIKT :twist1:

I have hauled along twisting New England roads decidedly on the sport side of the equation, pulling the trailer with my son on the back of the bike. A good handling trailer (i.e., Bushtec or Uni-Go) is a joy, except for parking. 'Tis, compared to a solo bike, a pain in the keester.

Incidentally, I'd recommend that, if you plan on going two-up, that you get a larger trailer than the Uni-Go. And the BIGGEST tent you can put up by yourself. You'll appreciate the extra room. :tent6:
Agreed. When towing my Bushtec I ride the same way as nekkid. I try to anticipate issues and prepare sooner but I ride at the same pace. I do slow on very rough surfaces, the laST time I pushed it hard on rough pavement I did fracture a weld on the trailer suspension. Not ride ending and easily repaired.
My laST ride on CA 36 STarted at Red Bluff and I turned off at CA 4. I did avg. 60mph to that point. Not record pace but no one passed me.

Ol' Bushy rocks.:cool:

I loST it but I had a link to a UK trailer builder and they hooked one of there's to a big bore sport bike and spent a day at the track av'g 130 plus mph.

(Of course I used to race sidecars and that says a bit about me :eek:)

OP
OP
100MPG

100MPG

Convert
Bike
'09 GoldWing
STOC #
Thanks for the link, I only searched in Ebay motors. Good price!
*added*
From mild interest, to I have to get this trailer! The price is right, even if it is blue. Anyone live near Franklin, TN that can hold on to this for me till I can come and get it? It comes with a Includes Hitch for a BMW K1200 RS/GT.(model #TR7012) Retails for $300! that I would give to you for helping me out.

It will be paid in full, all you have to do it pick it up and hold on to it for about a month. (give or take a month!)

Imrubicon said:
There is one on Ebay Item number: 280027181657
For under $1000

Last edited:
Top Bottom