Info on trailers.

RodSTer

former username rschween
Bike
2013 R1200GSA
STOC #
Nevada said:
The "Allows your Sport Tourer to remain a Sport Tourer" comment, which seems to impute such a fine characteristic to only the Uni-Go trailer, is off the mark.

Hey Guys, sorry I wasn't bashing, I was relating my experience with the trailer I own. I'm sure there are plenty of other trailers that will do the same, and there are plenty that will take the "Sport" out of the "Sport" tourer. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Now, I had the same concerns as you with the Uni-Go, price, small rear wheel, any trailer is going to be affected by the wind... Really the only concern that has popped up is the rear wheel, and more so the rear wheel bearings. I have gone through a set, however I've put more miles on the second set than on the first and they seem to be fine.

Buffeting hasn't been a big concern and I've had her in some pretty big winds. In the end it came down to the size for me. Big enough to get my stuff in, not too big to spoil the fun :) . Sounds like the Bushtec guys are having similar good experience with their rigs, so if you can be patient and find a good used one of either you should be good to go!

Rod

jdaniels

R.I.P. - 2010/08/27
Rest In Peace
Bike
'05ST1300'02FZ1
STOC #
I got the piggy backer xl on ebay.Cost $848 delivered.12 inch chrome wheels, spare chrome wheel and tire,18 cu ft. cooler rack,weighs 170.Works great.Painted top half red to sorta match my '05 and added extra LED lighting.

Last edited:

ezwryder

Farklemeister
Bike
05 ST-1300
STOC #
Does anyone know if this type of trailer would have a title?
Because trailers are considered vehicles, any trailer you purchase should have a manufacturer's certificate of origin. If purchasing used from an individual, they should supply you with the cert (if they never registered it) or a vehicle title. In all cases, get a bill of sale that includes the VIN.

d.

Bike
GL1800 2015
I would recomend piggybacker...may give you more room than you need,but they work!
I found this on ebay for $400
works great! very simular to piggybacker
(I am using a wing,though I think this would work just as well with an ST...)

Top Bottom