Installed a new front 021 today.

Bike
04 ST1300
When I bought the bike the front was questionable, and after several hundred miles it was bald on the left side, had been run underinflated apparently.

So I looked around and found very limited availability in that size. I opted for the Bridgestone 021 OEM tire. It has Sportmaxes on it, but I'm not fond of the rear tread design, and I'll swap that to an 021 when it's gone.

So I ordered the tire Monday, it got here yesterday and I just installed it this afternoon with my Harbor Freight tire changer.

Byron

STOC #
Doesn't having your own tire machine make things so convenient? :D

OP
OP
khanawalt
Bike
04 ST1300
It's very nice not having to wait around or leave a wheel at a shop and depend on their teenage kid balancing it. Saves cash too. last time I swapped a front tire on my Superhawk it took about 40 minutes from on the bike to back on the bike. And that's smokin' a cigar while doing it. Thing has paid for itself many times over.

It's not a fancy pneumatic thing, it's just got a bead breaker, wheel clamp and a couple of rods to pry against while you lever the tire on and off.

patiodadio

Motorcyclist
Bike
ST
I always change my own tires..... I figure I can scratch my rims just a well as paying someone to do it in a moto shop.:)

Top Bottom