Installing a shock with a remote reservoir

Bike
ST1300P
Ladies, gentleman,

today I received my new used shock, made by WP suspension. This shock has both the hydraulic preload and a remote reservoir, connected to the top of the shock by a braided hose of about two foot long.

I have not yet tried to install it (Got some minor crash damage to repair on the wife's 1150GS first..). I mailed the importer, so hopefully they will get me the installation instructions, but for now: Anybody got any clues where i'm supposed to mount that reservoir?

Thanks,

Dani

tlartist

Tom Laux
Bike
ST1300
Left side. If you look where the old one went there are some clips toward the front part of the rear wheel well. I was able to run my penske line through there and it kind of clipped in there. You may need to try out some different placements. I used the old mounting bracket and made a mount out of misc metal. Not pretty but it works.

Killtimer

Youth Challenged Member
Somewhere in the Majestic Rocky Mountains of Alber
STOC #
You've got two items to mount if I understand correctly. The remote reservoir, possibly containing the compression damping clicker, can usually be mounted in place of the OEM remote pre-load adjuster. If it's as large as the Penske reservoir I have, this is probably the only place there's room. You might have to get creative with the pre-load, possibly on the side of the battery box, or the sub frame on the right side of the bike. With the Wilbers, I've seen the remote and the pre-load piggybacked in the void left by the removal of the OEM pre-load but it's tight. Pics/dimensions?

OP
OP
nldaniel
Bike
ST1300P
Ah, pictures:

Here is the shock:

and the remote reservoir, which features compression damping adjustments:

about 14 cm's or 5.5 inches.

Denny, love the bracket you had made.

Thanks for all pointers so far, I may start off using the idea of using two hose clamps together.

Thanks,

Dani

OP
OP
nldaniel
Bike
ST1300P
Not really sure, as I bought it secondhand, of a crashed bike.

It appears to be a standard body with options, but like
I said, not really sure.

Top Bottom