Intake Boots Leaking

OP
OP
Rob20111
Bike
2004 ST1300
Snugged up clamps, new fuel filter in, pump and strainer replaced, ignition coil lugs cleaned of corrosion, spark plug leads tested 5.5 ohms each, two split caps found, replacements ordered, synch complete see pic), vent hoses clear, plugs gapped, air filter replaced, booster plug re connected.
No change.
Not ready to pull TB’s just yet.

Attachments

Bike
2005 st1300
Snugged up clamps, new fuel filter in, pump and strainer replaced, ignition coil lugs cleaned of corrosion, spark plug leads tested 5.5 ohms each, two split caps found, replacements ordered, synch complete see pic), vent hoses clear, plugs gapped, air filter replaced, booster plug re connected.
No change.
Not ready to pull TB’s just yet.
After snugging up the clamps, did you test for a vacuum leak to see if the loose clamps were an issue?

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Have you adjusted/lubed your throttle cables?
A dirty/dry cable could cause what your feeling.
Also, have you checked the routing of the cables?
Are there any nylon ties on the cables? Are they routed in the correct path? Are they pushed up against anything causing them to bind?
Sometimes its the simple things that are often over looked when searching for things.
:WCP1:

OP
OP
Rob20111
Bike
2004 ST1300
Have you adjusted/lubed your throttle cables?
A dirty/dry cable could cause what your feeling.
Also, have you checked the routing of the cables?
Are there any nylon ties on the cables? Are they routed in the correct path? Are they pushed up against anything causing them to bind?
Sometimes its the simple things that are often over looked when searching for things.
:WCP1:
Cables lubed, adjusted to 2mm free play.
Routine looks fine, nothing zip tied.
Reminder; this bike was purchased last year with only 6500 mikes on it, so did a lot of sitting. It’s home is in the PNW where climate is wet.

OP
OP
Rob20111
Bike
2004 ST1300
Q: All my spark plug cap and leads tested at 5.5k ohms. I read that a new cap is 5k ohms.
Are mine in acceptable condition?

I’ve ordered 2 new ones, ($50 ea.) as they had split covers at the cap end.
Not sure if that might cause a voltage leak, but one more thing to rule out once replaced.

Top Bottom