Interesting phone mount with qI charging

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Looking through the Best Buy black Friday ad and saw this. Interesting phone mount with integrated wireless charger. I'll have to do some custom adoption to make it ram ball compatible.

The advantage here over some of the other options I have seen (with wireless charging) is that I get to keep my Otterbox case. I'm not the nicest person when it cones to handling my phone, but the Defender keeps it safe.

I already picked it up and it works as advertised. It even charges through the thicker case. Now we'll see how long the little motors last.

Here is the manufacturer's website.

20191127_110915.png
20191127_111003.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Obo
Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I have a similar one, fully manual, no motors.... the thing isn't waterproof AFAIK, would avoid motors. I'd also be concerned about the phone jumping out when you hit a bump.

OP
OP
T_C

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
... the thing isn't waterproof AFAIK, would avoid motors. I'd also be concerned about the phone jumping out when you hit a bump.
Yep, probably not waterproof, neither is my phone.

Not too worried about it jumping out. The motors squeeze the sides when it closes. Between the silicone rubber case and foam rubber on the closure arms, it's set in there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom