Into The Unknown

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Rode to New Hampshire today for tires and oil change. 130 mi, and I'm pretty tired. It's gonna take a little time to break in this trip. Monday is the Boston Marathon, which finishes about a mile from my home, and every crummy driver from every state and country is here trying to drive in Boston, which isn't easy on a good day . I got cut off at least six times today, and went totally jerko on Storrow Drive. So, I'm getting the hell out of here in the morning. Heading west to the New York line and deciding how far west I want to go before I head south into the mountains in Penn and W,V. Gonna do a slow mosey to Suches. Just saw gas under $4.00 per gal. Lets hope that wasn't a typo!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
If you are tired after 130 miles, how are you going to do that RAT (Ride Around Texas) this weekend? Wasn't it 3100 miles or so? :rofl1:
Sheeit! If i can get over 200 tomorrow ill b happy. I spent two months sitting with a bad knee this winter and am certainly out of shape.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
gas around my parts is around 3.80 if you get around the Bristol aria look up my campground. switchbackcreek in shady valley tn.
You are right in the middle of where I hope to be! I want the hills and curves thru Penn, W, Vir and Tenn to Suches. I'll def make a note of it. Yea, gas in N.H. is less than here. We r still well over $4.00 in Boston. The rents here are high. Laughably, I have six days to go around a thousand miles, so I'm going to be goofing around a bit!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Yeah, I was in SC last weekend, and gas was in the $3.80-ish range once I was south of Richmond, VA
Well, its gonna be what its gonna be. The last tours i was gone about two months each. This one might have to be six weeks. I never carry cash, but i am this ride because some places discount the gas w cash. Im also pondering grabbing some work in pagosa where my kids live.
I guess this ride will be a day at a time. Many thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom